The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any one used 3G brake disks????

johnd-mkiv

What's the next step up from stock UK 4pot calipers on the front & 2pot on the rear ?

If you have 18" wheels then you can go for the 14" Brembo kit on the front, together with the rear kit. The rear kit is designed to work with the larger front kit.

What's the next step up from stock UK 4pot calipers on the front & 2pot on the rear ?

6 pots are the next stop, KAD's are superb and reasonably priced, I've used them on my own car for about 3 years now, may be longer and I can safely say its one of the best mods I've ever done. I've got 378mm(15") floating discs but they are available in 356mm as well.

Ta

I've just got to ask:

Do these aftermarket brake kits use stock geometry etc? In other words, do the calipers require the disc to run further in or out than stock...erm, I'm not explaining my question very well am I! (any answers however you see fit :) )

The reason I ask is that it seems to me that after this upgrade, you're stuck with that manufacturers setup and can't switch in other makes of disc for example.

Oh yeah, do the 378s require 19" rims to fit?

Why would you want to use a different manufacturer of disc? The KAD 356mm kit uses there own disc, you can also specify an AP disc at an extra cost. The 378mm kit uses AP discs. You will need 19" rims to cover these monsters yes.

Well I didnt know that the KAD kit used AP discs...my thoughts were along the lines of "What happens if KAD go bust? Where would I get replacement discs from?" rather than "What if the KAD discs are rubbish and I want to try different ones?"