The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finally YES YES YES

Whitesupraboy2

well for last few month or so ive had my oil level light / cat temp light and battery light on with the hazard triangle, been flashing at me alot and sometimes on constant

I have tried everything;

• connectors
  • Adding earths
  • moving current earths
  • checking SLD
  • adding an earth to the SLD

well it has been on constant for a while and as i got home i could tell something wasnt right, so turned the car off, went to turn it back on and nothing apart from the alarm going off.

So a quick rapid charge to get it back on the driveway and dash backapart looking at the LSD and checking the dash for any bad earths.

It didnt work :( so i started up the car and thought well its time to just wiggle the wires i guess....so i started wiggling them and BANG sparks started flying all over the shop, so done it again to see where it came from :D

it was the earth that is on the alternator! :mad:

the nut was only on by couple threads and thats a long bolt! i had my alternator changed last november when i had my auxilery arm problem. So it worked itself free within 6 months.

This thing must of been sparking alot because it has a plastic cap....well did have, its all been burnt away :blink:

tightened it up...started car and no more lights....thank god for that :rolleyes:

this also means i can now sell my car without a fault...woohoo

Thought you'd finally cought up with Laura:D

Well done for sorting it, do you want to come over a sort my dash lights now..

:D i dont think that will be a yes yes yes....more of a slap slap slap :D

dash lights are easy now ive had it all off, im converting to blue :p

queue next weeks help post :D