jamesmark

Which Tyres  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tyres

• Goodyear F1's
    • Toyo's
    • Pirelli P-Zero's
    • Or other suggestions below

My experience of these was that they were both good for wet weather grip, but the F1's lasted better. F1's on my UK TT lasted for more miles than the Toyo's T1-R's? (not sure on the exact type but they were the same tread pattern as the F1's) did on my NA...........

Voted for the F1's, they grip well in both wet and dry and as mentioned they do last long.

Can't confirm anything for the Toyo's haven't used them, but heard alot of good things about them as well, with a few comments that they tend to be a bit softer which wears them down quicker.

I've seen the F1's on the copper traffic cars (Volvo S80 and Bmw) as well :D :eyebrows:

Personally I would still go for the F1's, however the price is slightly more for the F1's, I think :cool:

Oh, and Mark, I'd consider getting in on the next RLTC group buy. Seeing as how you've taken steps towards BPU and not yet had a winter in the car I'd be making sure that there was something to keep that power in check.

I run Falken as well mate, cant justify spending double the price for Bidgstone or something similar when the performance doesnt seem a lot between the two.

Although I have heard the particular Falken tyre Im running at present I have been told they have now stopped and have a new tread pattern, wonder if thats yours ?

20,000 miles on a set of Supra rears is impressive.

:)

and the fronts are still going on strong....unfortunately the insides are a bit chewed up due to the alignment being out...which i now have fixed...so another 3-4K out of the fronts and I will be happy...

ive now got Eagle F1s on the rear....lets see how these ones last compared to the Toyos...

imi

The thing is the amount of miles that I am going to do in the car is at the most 3000, and that would be pushing it as have to go to work on the train, so tyre wear is not as important but want the tyres to grip. Thats why I am undecided on tyres.

You could go for a semi road track tyre then like the Kumho V70A. These are possibly even cheaper than 'normal' tyres but obviously won't last as long (although you should see two years out of them on your predicted annual mileage)

only downside is possible aqua planning prolems in standing water.....

[quote name=

Suprash]I run Falken as well mate, cant justify spending double the price for Bidgstone or something similar when the performance doesnt seem a lot between the two.

Although I have heard the particular Falken tyre Im running at present I have been told they have now stopped and have a new tread pattern, wonder if thats yours ?

You're probably running FK-451's....... FK-452's are the new model and much improved :)

Hi-jack my own thread, see you at the wedding do TDR

We can sit in our own wee corner and talk cars all night.... my m8 Jay will be there too (also a Supra owner) :D

This the wedding day do or are you going to the joint hen / stag weekend? :blink:

Which reminds me..... I really should make a start on my best man's speech if I'm gonna suitably embarass the happy couple! :eyebrows:

:hijack:

We can sit in our own wee corner and talk cars all night.... my m8 Jay will be there too (also a Supra owner) :D

This the wedding day do or are you going to the joint hen / stag weekend? :blink:

Which reminds me..... I really should make a start on my best man's speech if I'm gonna suitably embarass the happy couple! :eyebrows:

:hijack:

Here is a speech sight that might help you Link I found it very useful when I had to be best man at my mates wedding, by the way happy reading there is loads