The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra/Forum Virgin

Laura

Hi All

I'm just about to buy my first Supra! Loved em for ages and finally getting it. Only thing is the a/c isn't working. The guy I'm buying from thinks its just a regas, but I was wondering if there's any other known problems with a/c on these?

Thanks

L

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah the light comes on, just doesn't get cold. I'm getting the regas done Tuesday when I pick it up :D which he is paying for. Really just checking not likely to be condenser or something else nasty!

mine isnt working and it turned out to be the compressor, its seized :(

at a recent meet it was obvious mine was seized, the pulley its on has a clutch, you could turn other peoples compressors by hand without the clutch engaged, mine wouldnt turn :(

but on here they are about £50 second hand :D

welcome..... (must resist hovis....resist!!!)

I'd ask them to fix the Aircon first and that you'd pay for a re-gas (with receipt).

This won't cost much (50/60 quid? Not sure) but could avoid big problems.

As long as it's got good service history, oil changes regularly etc it should be ok.

Always take someone that knows what they're doing, go and see a few models so you know what you're looking at too. Don't fall in love with the first! Quality varies greatly.

Id rather go black or white but beggars can't be choosers! I'm I gonna get a hard time for that?!

Depending whether i like you will depend on which of those 2 you'd prefer most to have.

I dont wana influence you...but you can look at my login name and signature :D lol

im thinking the answer is obvious :D

If the belt hasnt been changed get the price dropped abit, its around £300 for a cam belt change. Then if Air con condensor does need changing, you have the belts off anyway so its cheaper on the labour and can get both done at once ;)

There will be no bread related postings from here! :) You wanna see pink, theres a baby pink metallic one round here...:Pling: Spoke to the guy we're gonna get the a/c done on Tuesday before I take it so should be fine. I have sorta fallen for the first I've been offered but know what I'm looking for and this one pretty much covers the lot. :D