The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(help) Cooking My Head Lights 4 Dinner

theyoungeone

hiya guys, once more a ask for your all mighty wisdom,

im going to clean and polish my plastic head lights tonight and need to know 2 things.

1. what temp should do the trick in the oven to losen the glue for lence removal ???

2. can i take out the lights with out taking off the front bumper ???

cheers guys.

in my experience 190C but no more than 5 minutes, if the sealant is not soft enough, give it another 2 minutes until you can prise it apart.

Also one to watch for, don't put the lense side at the back of the oven (if you have j-spec plastic lights) - it's where all the heat is and will make your lenses go white, then melt completely!!!

A standard t-cut might work, but not tried it.

I found that the best products to use are the Novus plastic polishing range, finished off with the Plexus plastic cleaner. Search for them on here, there's a guy that sells them (pinball maintenance) good price and fast delivery.