The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Massive thanks to Pheonix

jason m

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I had a load of work done recently...

Autobox/TC replaced, front & Rear seals, KAD's installed, various pulleys, cam gears, aftermarket radiator, autobox cooler, twin fans... the list goes on and on.

Top job, no problems, happy to use Mark again in the future. ;)

Yeah, they're very reliable guys. Their attention to detail and knowledge of Supra mechanics is top notch.

Last week they finsihed the final bit of work on my cars drivetrain and oil seals (they kept blowing, despite numerous visits to other garages) and its now running PERFECT. I won't both going into details, but they found and fixed so many mistakes by previous garages - some which so called Supra experts caused.

I'm now back in love with my Supra, before last week I was ready to sell! Its so much more fun driving a car when you know everything is working perfectly.

Good guys, like the Phoenix boys are hard to find.

I definately think, they should set themselves up on this BBS. Their business will profit .. and so will the membership.

I asked them about this, I got the impression that any time they spend outside of the workshop they like to spend with their families. Car stuff is for the workplace during which they have no time to access the forum.

They're not short of business either, I had to wait 3 weeks for a 4 hour slot.

Good guys, like the Phoenix boys are hard to find.

I definately think, they should set themselves up on this BBS. Their business will profit .. and so will the membership.

TBH I think that is exactly why they are doing well and banging out goodwork. They stay off here and stay out of the arguments ;).Deal with any possible problems mano e mano in an amacable way and concentrate on the customers car. Focused is the word I think im looking for. Word of mouth is a powerful tool. Then their time is their time.

Yep, great blokes.

Mark's picking up our Carina (cough:cool: ) in the morning for a service and MOT.

They are the bollocks on Supras but also gonna let them do our other two cars too as they are the only people I've found in the motor trade that are 100% honest and really won't rip you off.

The rates they charge are hard to beat even when it comes to getting the 'shitters' serviced and you know it'll be done right.

They really don't need to come on here though, they have plenty of work and it will always end up in some smart arse trying to pick holes in something they might type so best out of it imho.

Got to say that they need our continued support to keep going strong (although they seem to be doing OK at the moment). Be a damn shame to loose such a great team.

And no, I don't have shares in Phoenix :D

Paul

i phoned them about the stock turbo's that are coming off Rob's Aristo. TBH i was feeling a little awkward about doing it as, i'll not even be a customer, i'll just be popping by to pick up this stuff and yet i'm trying to tell them to look after it etc etc!

They were very decent about it and understood and basically had time for me when they stand to gain nothing financially.............

Guest Terry S

As you know I am close to the guys there. But the thing I really like about them is they dont BS. They dont pretend to know everything, and are not scared to ask/research if there is something they are unsure of. They do not add spurious things or hours to bills, and are not in the motor trade thinking they are going to making a fortune.

All in all, a pretty refreshing experience.

I was there today and the aristo was ace, I never fond of white car but the aristo is just stunning.

Jason, I didn't manage to say hi as you made a quick exit since it was not ready when I pick up my car.

I went there for an MOT and oil change. not my first time there and won't be my last.

China

Terry,

I've been a member of this club for only 2 weeks and I've now read 100's of threads in an attempt to find a good garage who know their stuff. This is the type of valued thread that we need for the likes of me who is desperately searching for the right people to trust their car with. It may be a few miles from Portsmouth but this thread has clinched it for me - Cheers m8, Andrew:thumbs: :salute:

As you know I am close to the guys there. But the thing I really like about them is they dont BS. They dont pretend to know everything, and are not scared to ask/research if there is something they are unsure of. They do not add spurious things or hours to bills, and are not in the motor trade thinking they are going to making a fortune.

All in all, a pretty refreshing experience.

Terry,

I've been a member of this club for only 2 weeks and I've now read 100's of threads in an attempt to find a good garage who know their stuff. This is the type of valued thread that we need for the likes of me who is desperately searching for the right people to trust their car with. It may be a few miles from Portsmouth but this thread has clinched it for me - Cheers m8, Andrew:thumbs: :salute:

Mate, you'll have no worries with them.

They are next to the main train station which is useful. Alot of members drop their car off in the morning and pick it up in the eve.

They are next to the main train station which is useful. Alot of members drop their car off in the morning and pick it up in the eve.

Yup, thats what I do :) PITA from where I am though - 3hr journey there and back in the morning, same in the evening. But I'm willing to make the travel to ensure my car gets the best possible workmanship.

If I looked after myself as well as the car I'd look like Arnold Swarchenegger :D

This is the type of valued thread that we need for the likes of me who is desperately searching for the right people to trust their car with.

I'm lucky enough to live only a few miles away and the guys at Phoenix have picked up my car a few times from home as part of the service. Now, I wouldn't let many people drive my pride and joy but am totally relaxed when it comes to Phoenix.

The care they show towards the car when it's there is amazing, they told me once that to prevent any tiny scratches to the paint on the front wings that they not only used some of those covers that mechanics put over them but also put a layer of paper roll under it to make sure ! It's that attention to detail that sold me on them.

If they can make me feel at ease then they must be tops:d

Paul

Phoenix and Sky are the two most important things I ever found out about after getting my supra. Both thanks to the club here.

Phoenix are an absolute quality outfit. I am in west Surrey, and I intend never to take my car anywhere except up to the Phoenix guys. The service Mark and Paul provide is worth the cost and effort of travelling up there one hundred times over.

:thumbs: