The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front wheel camber problems

Ian Hayward

Hi has anyone else had any problems with the front wheel camber?

iv had my tires on for bout 7 months and there is shit loads of tread left, but the inside is bald!!

iv come to the conclusion that the camber is completely out

and i spoke to a couple o people at modified nationals last weekend and they had the same problem.

wot can i do to fix this cos its costin me loads in tyres as well as loosin grip?

cheers

sounds like over inflation maybe a problem

generally too much -ve camber will see the inside wear out faster than the middle and the outer side........ and too much +ve camber will see the outer side wear at a faster rate.

You fronts should have an amount of -ve camber as standard as this helps grip in the corners but if its just the middle that is worn and you've got plenty tread on the inner and outer sides then to me it sounds like overinflation.

Even if you camber was way out in one direction or the other it would be the outer or inner edge which would suffer..... unless you've also got some toe-in or toe-out problems.

What pressure are you running at the front?

If pressures are ok then maybe worth going to a garage to see if your tracking is out or not.