The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offset Too Wide...

nismo_lp

The wheels dont really protrude out past my arch, the tyre only just contacts where the arch rolls over on bumps at speed. No spacers so i guess my only choice is o get the arches rolled then?

So how will having a wider off set then it shoud be effect the drive? Surely it cant be too much of an issue... people with wide arch kits must have to use spacers to keep the wheels flush with the kit and have a much wider off set then standard?

Nismo, cars with offsets that protrude more towards the arch i.e, smaller offsets than stock (more negative) will cause problems as you have found out, i.e

Tyres Rub against arches

Wheel bearings will be put under more stress

Handling is compromised a little,

But saying this, in the real world its not really noticeable, the car will be fine as long as the arches are rolled or you go for skinnier tyres eg 255 in your case.

On the plus side the car is easier to drift :D

The best person to talk to is Chris Wilson, but personally, I wouldnt unless it was set up by someone who knew what they were doing.

Having a wider (less) offset cuases the car to handle worse, but if set up on a 4 wheel alignmet rig can get rid of the detrimental affects. When you move from the OEM settings it really is a case of try it and see unless you get someone like Chris to set it up.

The trackday Soarer I look after for a friend was set up in Japan, and has 40mm spacers on it, it looks mental, but is without a doubt the best handling car I have driven. The Teins help as well.

The trackday Soarer I look after for a friend was set up in Japan, and has 40mm spacers on it, it looks mental, but is without a doubt the best handling car I have driven. The Teins help as well.

Yeah that!

The suspension helps a hell of a lot!

I know what you mean mate, Get them rolled, or do them your self, its pretty easy to do, i gather yu have 10" rears, id stick with the 265's and get the arches rolled mate, TBH its not really a biggie mate, just do them over the weekend.

I did mine myself with the help of a rubber mallet:D