The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever lied to your missus to mod your supra?

hogmaw

If our lass found out I am BPU she would pack me in a flash. She's no tree hugger but nevertheless doesn't approve cos of the emissions. So the other day when I came home with me new Veilside exhaust the extra noise with the full decat raised her suspisions...

Her 'The car seems loud today? Is it OK?'

Me 'Is it? Sounds normal to me'

Her 'I'm sure it's louder, what have you done to it???'

Me 'Nothing but I'm using Optimax fuel now, it's greener and better for your engine, maybe that's what it is' :innocent:

And I got away with it. He he. I also said it failed the mot cos of the non-working fog light. Which is partly true so I don't feel (too) guilty.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I'd never use lines such as:

Yup, stainless exhausts are better as they save money in the long run.

The new ecu gives better mpg and will pay for itself in x amount of time.

Uprated brakes are a safety thing.

The new intercooler was actually cheaper than the Toyota alternative.

etc etc. :)

Nope, I'd never use lines such as:

Yup, stainless exhausts are better as they save money in the long run.

The new ecu gives better mpg and will pay for itself in x amount of time.

Uprated brakes are a safety thing.

The new intercooler was actually cheaper than the Toyota alternative.

etc etc. :)

lmao :)

"I've been thinking love, I don't really need all that power from a twin turbo Supra. I might just get a single turbo Supra and sell the twin turbo"

:innocent:

Ooo that sounds like a good one hehehe

I have never lied to mine :innocent:

ah shit wonder what i'll tell the girlfriend when the car has the single fitted this week? i think i'll say i have a hole in the exhaust to explain the loud noise, she never looks under the bonnet so thats fine. Ah she lives in my place she can like it or live in the garden :D

Done this soooo many times!

My top two:

1st: Erm, my two turbos are shot it babe and its cheaper to buy just one big one!

2nd: Babe, why are you taking all the suspension off the car.......erm, I've got to change these little bushes at the top so i gotta take the whole lot apart;) (i had a brand new set of tein super streets in the boot:p )

Had a close call the other day when someone commented on my shinny new coilovers when my missis was right next to me :rolleyes:

One day ill get caught out!

HAHAHA! You lot - you should get a woman who eggs you on to mod it up, like mine!
Come back and tell us about it when you've three of the damn things on your driveway!

My Mrs has had a major sense of humour failure since I got the RSP :(

Come back and tell us about it when you've three of the damn things on your driveway!

My Mrs has had a major sense of humour failure since I got the RSP :(

I need pics of this. Twice when I had two cars I got some nice pics of the driveway and the kit and the ZR.

Three Supras lined up that you own would look cool.

Funny this thread because just today I got rumbled.

I ordered a load of parts from Envy totalling around £900 and kept quiet about it. I was waiting until the time was right to tell her before they all arrived. Anyway she found the receipt in my glove box today when I left her unattended when I went to the bank.

She went proper mental like,

"Blah, blah blah, we're getting married in Sept, do you know what that would pay for?"

then,

"When you bought this car you said you would'nt spend anything more on it but you've spent 3k already"

then,

"So whats happened to my 206 then?"

Then half an hours silence on the way home.

She's still pissed upstairs watching some drama in bed in a huff.

MUUUUAAHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAA!

Never needed to lie about the car. She owns half of it and pay half of all that needs doing providing it's necessary.

Greddy Ti is all mine. I cleared it with her first. She wants us to go BPU as she wants our Supra to hold it's own against others. First though, the SMIC, the coil packs.....