The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got a flat tyre tonite (Problems) Help!

TT-DEK

Tonite i got a flatty. Went down very quickly, about 5 mins?

Put the spare bike tyre on and noticed that the wear on the inside was a little concerning? Then checked other side and this seemed very similar.

Tyres are only 7 months old and only done 4.5k. Tread seems ok from outer edge but inner edge has worn quite badly. WHY is this?, any help appreciated:( Don,t want to buy new tyres only to change in a few months?

I had mine set up on an optical 4 wheel alignment top of the range thingy in Worthing, W. Sussex.

Since the car had been lowered in Japan it hadn't been adjusted. All the tyres were shot as ALL the settings were way out.....

Lots of tweaking later, and £215 its spot on to the Lance W numbers, and handles so much better.

I think there's a place in Norh Wales that does the same optical alignment for club members for £85????

Quick Farce won't be able to do anything other than front tracking. You need an expert, who can do it properly.

D - my tyres are wearing more on the inside than the outside, I was going to get them swapped across the rears. but also got some quotes for replacements in case the inner edge has gone too far.

This was the exact problem that killed my Fronts, severe wear on the inner edge, with the outer edge still having loads of tread left. I suspect it's because the wheels might not be the same offset as stockers and they are 18"s rather than 17"s. I would guess that the alignment hasn't been tweaked to compensate / mitigate the differences.

Mike

I had mine set up on an optical 4 wheel alignment top of the range thingy in Worthing, W. Sussex.

Since the car had been lowered in Japan it hadn't been adjusted. All the tyres were shot as ALL the settings were way out.....

Lots of tweaking later, and £215 its spot on to the Lance W numbers, and handles so much better.

I think there's a place in Norh Wales that does the same optical alignment for club members for £85????

Quick Farce won't be able to do anything other than front tracking. You need an expert, who can do it properly.

Hmmm, sounds like a plan. Could do with that 4one number though? or name.:D

D - my tyres are wearing more on the inside than the outside, I was going to get them swapped across the rears. but also got some quotes for replacements in case the inner edge has gone too far.

This was the exact problem that killed my Fronts, severe wear on the inner edge, with the outer edge still having loads of tread left. I suspect it's because the wheels might not be the same offset as stockers and they are 18"s rather than 17"s. I would guess that the alignment hasn't been tweaked to compensate / mitigate the differences.

Mike

Sounds about right?. Think its worth getting checked cos 4.5k from new?

bit iffy that?