The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Useless Headlights

Matt 6

Does anyone else think that there head lights are useless on there Supra???

I find that I have to drive at night with my front fogs on to help light the road up else I can really see anything!! :(

I have the early type J-Spec headlamps, whats the most powerful bulbs I can use in them and where is best to get them from?

Just had them buffed and they are alot clearer to look at but still crap to use!! I thought might be my problem but it would appear not to be.

How much are HID kits and how difficult are they to fit?

What do you charge for refurbing them?

Just found these on Ebay, not sure if they will improve my lightin' problem or just shine blue!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8072224921&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Haven't looked at what is fitted yet either, can you get uprated bulbs? KNow you can with normal H4 style bulbs but not used this style bulb before to my knowledge.

I got a decent set from ebay - £155 :) Had them on for a few months now with no major worries - except that they take a few seconds to warm up:( Not ideal for main beams perhaps but one hell of a difference to the dipped beams :) :)

Got them from these guys http://www.visionbulbs.com/vb_product.php?id=8&dmv=1210246541 mine are the 4300k ones. Doddle to fit to :) :)

Just found these on Ebay, not sure if they will improve my lightin' problem or just shine blue!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8072224921&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Haven't looked at what is fitted yet either, can you get uprated bulbs? KNow you can with normal H4 style bulbs but not used this style bulb before to my knowledge.

9.99 they are gonna be crap.

get on powerbulbs with club discount and replace them with some philips white lights, that will be the best improvement for normal bulbs.

I went for the HID look bulbs and noticed an improvement. its about £55 to replace the lot

Guest wackojacko

So, basically if i were to buy a kit of ebay, for £127 (inc p&p) they would be rubbish ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H4-H7-H11-9005-9006-9007_W0QQitemZ8070577622QQcategoryZ72235QQcmdZViewItem

I'm willing to pay more money for some good equipment, but when there is stuff out there this cheap, makes me wonder weather i shouldn't just take the chance on it. It's not that much money to loose if it's cack !

That's the set I have - MASSIVE improvement over stock:Pling: :Pling: I fitted a set of Xtreme White bulbs first (PIAA, £70 a pair) and then fitted a set of these:cool: Much, much better, doddle to fit.

My only 'gripe' is that they take a few seconds to warm up - there's a flash as you first turn them on, they go dim and then, over about a second or two, warm up, change colour and come on full:cool:

I'm considering buying another set for my fog lamps:d

That's the set I have - MASSIVE improvement over stock:Pling: :Pling: I fitted a set of Xtreme White bulbs first (PIAA, £70 a pair) and then fitted a set of these:cool: Much, much better, doddle to fit.

My only 'gripe' is that they take a few seconds to warm up - there's a flash as you first turn them on, they go dim and then, over about a second or two, warm up, change colour and come on full:cool:

I'm considering buying another set for my fog lamps:d

i have a set for my fogs and head lights, very good indeed