The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help wanted at Squires tomorrow.

RedM

Can someone have a look over my engine bay with me tomorrow, please? I'm thinking I might have a split hose or pipe issue and need someone who knows to have a look.

Car doesn't seem to want to go fast when accelerating hard from 30 up to about 50. If I boot it from slower she seems okay and likewise from 60 upwards.

I'm hoping it warm weather and knackered IC knocking the boost down. That's soon to be remedied. Worrying about knacked torque convertors and the like now.

Thank you.

Can someone have a look over my engine bay with me tomorrow, please? I'm thinking I might have a split hose or pipe issue. and need someone who knows to have a look.

Car doesn't seem to want to go fast when acceleratin hard from 30 up to about 50. If I boot it from slower she seems okay and likewise from 60 upwards.

Thank you

Have you sorted your stalling prob out yet?

Nope. Changing coil packs to see if that has any effect. Car has very lumpy idle at the mo. May also change o2 sensor when I can afford to. If none of that works I'll maybe have someone look at the electrics.

What about you? Got yours sorted?

Nope. Changing coil packs to see if that has any effect. Car has very lumpy idle at the mo. May also change o2 sensor when I can afford to. If none of that works I'll maybe have someone look at the electrics.

What about you? Got yours sorted?

Got another prob at mo. Stalling least of my worries. Need to re-do wiring to fuel pumps but got parts shortage. :(

I thought of the o2 sensor myself but dont know where mine is to check it.

Michael, no boost gauge I'm afraid. It's a long wat down an ever-growing list.

Worth getting one if you think you're down on power, you'd be able to see straight away if you weren't making enough boost rather than thinking the worst about torque convertors etc. it's probably fine ;)

Hey even I managed to fit mine so anyone can do it :D

I'm pretty sure mine's either leaking from one of the pipes to the BOV which is looking a bit tatty or it's the BOV itself that's leaking (I have a spare one that I've had for over a year and haven't bothered sorting it out yet as I'm still making 0.8bar with the leak). I am lazy.

Ideally I was hoping to plug it into the proper connector in a Supra boot rather than throwing random bolts of energy in it's general direction :)

But my way is more fun!

I also have a crow bar if you'd like me to bring it along. :)

I'm pretty sure mine's either leaking from one of the pipes to the BOV which is looking a bit tatty or it's the BOV itself that's leaking (I have a spare one that I've had for over a year and haven't bothered sorting it out yet as I'm still making 0.8bar with the leak). I am lazy.

Thorin, my std BOV was leaking at almost all low boost conditions.. for no reason. I think the spring had gone weak. It was really annoying as I couldn't cruise at 60 - 70 without it blowing all the time. When I had it set up to recirculate I couldn't hear it, but when I fitted the twin filters (and twin intake pipes) I left it hanging... boy was it blowing!

I made mine adjustable to tune it so it only blows off when I want it to.

Try disconnecting the BOV outlet (and capping the hose to the intake). You'll soon hear it blowing. Takes 5 mins.