The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Wideboy has new paint!!!

albundy68

Had some issues with the old paint job, so Wizard paint, (anyone in the North that wants good paint job and trustworthy painters I'd reccomend them, PM me if you want details) has re-done the car in a crazy flip paint, its impressive, but i'm not sure if it looked better before.

Let me kinow what you all think!!!

link to old colour-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=60322&highlight=project+wideboy+TRD

flip1.jpg

flip2.jpg

flip3.jpg

flip4.jpg

flip5.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice car, what was wrong with the purple paint?

an over enthusiastic YTS lad had buffed the paint too hard so there was tiny dots where the primer was showing through,

i had to get the rear arches re-set as well because they werent bonded right,

I like it but.......i liked the old colour too :cry: I can't decide.

nah, me either, but the price i got the flip paint for, it was worth a try, the car needed a full resprey anyway because of the arch issues.

I figure I'll just get it spreyed again if i get bored!

I'll say this though, the car gets a hell of alot more attention in this colour,

Don't ever remember seeing the car before so can't really comment on that point.

Finished result now looks really nice but........ I personaly don't like the colour or style of paint. I prefer straight colours, but it is still very impressive. Look forward to seeing it sometime hopefully.

I dunno, I liked it before but now it looks more interesting!

I dont usually go for flip paint jobs but as you have the TRD kit it makes it work better imho, and it makes your wheels look better too for some weird reason.

I'll give it two :thumbs: :D

EDIT - I think it looks bloody lovely :)