The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thor eManage deal - is it any good?

Angarak

Hi

Im currently acquiring mods so I can go BPU in the near future.

My J-Spec TT came with the silver FCON-V piggy back ecu. I obviously dont have a clue how its was mapped in Japan and believe it is unmappable over here.

When I go BPU I want my car running as sweet as possible, not lean, but not so rich that I get poorer-than-necessary mileage (I currently get 12mpg as it is).

I was therefore thinking of replacing the FCON unit with a Greddy eManage (Blue) since there are numerous places that can map them.

Question 1: Is a piggy back ECU overkill for a BPU TT?

Question 2: I came across the following on Thors website, does this look like a good deal?

:: http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Emanage_BLUE_FIT_and_MA-Emanage_MAP.asp

Cheers

Question 2.... answer below, but you'd then have to get it fitted so it be bout same i guess or bit more, depends how technical you are yourself and whether you could fit it etc...

http://www.mkivstore.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1602

seeing as you were looking at £350ish anyway, maybe go for the ultimate instead, cant help you on technical bit sorry

The emange is a VERY worth while mod at BPU levels, once mapped it will maximise power/response and ensure safe fueling at higher than stock boost levels.

I can do you a very good deal on the Emanage or Emanage Ultimate, drop me an email or pm if you would like details.

I think that price is WITHOUT th unit and leads.

Have you spoken with TDI about the F-Con?? I knoe Joe (Gamer) has used them on his HKS unit (not sure what he had though) and was very happy.

James is right, TDI can map the HKS piggy back ECU. I have the HKS F-CON V PRO and and I have enquired with TDI who said it would take about 3-4 hours to map the car, possibly longer if there are some issues.

Has anyone fitted an eManage themselves?....is it an easy thing to do or something best left to a professional (which Im definitely not lol).

I have :D with the help of my fields harness. If you can solder then it's easy peasy, if not then it'll take slightly longer. Read up here and see if it makes sense.

emanage for BPU?

i thought all was ok for 1.2 bar on stock everything bar a walbro?

since when did any form of piggyback ecu enhancement become neccessary? i thought the 440cc injectors were the limiting factor..........

Yeah i wouldn't bother for BPU and didn't at 1.2 bar. Hybrids with 550's, yes. Stocks on 440's, save the cash for now.

It locks up the torque converter. At higher speeds, the transmission catches up to the engine, eventually moving at almost the same speed. Ideally, though, the transmission would move at exactly the same speed as the engine, because this difference in speed wastes power. To counter this effect, some cars have a torque converter with a lockup clutch. When the two halves of the torque converter get up to speed, this clutch locks them together, eliminating the slippage and improving efficiency.