The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Brakes - any guesses as to how long it took me to fit?

Mike B

Well for a kit that was labelled JZA80 the final timesheet read one year, one month.

It took a year of fannying about with brackets, calipers and disks forwards and backwards from the states but in the end (after I sourced some bolts) we finally got them on and working.

Rotora 355mm 6 pots.

haven't used them on a track yet but they look up to the job.

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

Well for a kit that was labelled JZA80 the final timesheet read one year, one month.

It took a year of fannying about with brackets, calipers and disks forwards and backwards from the states but in the end (after I sourced some bolts) we finally got them on and working.

Rotora 355mm 6 pots.

haven't used them on a track yet but they look up to the job.

They look very nice Mike :thumbs:

Should have bought Japanese :whistle: :D

I was planning on fitting these too. Were they really that much of a pain in the arse to fit?

Really easy to fit, after I had done the first I could do it with my eyes shut and not spill anything on the floor - they are very good quality and very easy.

Trouble is getting the correct brackets / disks and calipers, we went through 4 variations before we found a matching set. TBH if you get a good supplier you should have no probs.

They look very nice Mike :thumbs:

Should have bought Japanese :whistle: :D

It started off as a cheap US upgrade, on the spur of the moment through Jurgen, but then escalated ito a full mission. I have a contact in AP UK who could have got me the same 355's at the same price, but I was already up to my eyes in getting these sorted. Brakes are expensive even from JP no - 355's 6 pots you must be looking at 1700+ delivered no?

If it's less, please dont tell me!!!

Looking good, mind if I ask what the cost was ?

That's a good question. Because of the continuing cockups XO Autopsorts who originally imported the brakes went to bat and tried to sort everything out at cost - I think the final tally was somewhere around 1.6.

A lot of money, but at the end of the day they can always be sold on again... and Jspec brakes and tracks do not go together...!

I have a feeling these kits go for a lot more, you can pay a fortune for 355's 6 pots..