The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Import Windscreens

Gareth Davies

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum...

I've got an imported supra NA (ok ok, i'm trying hard to replace it with a Turbo one!) which unfortionatly has a damaged front windscreen. Now the window people just turned up with the 'wrong' windscreen and said that an import has 'completely different' windscreens and will be nearly impossible to get a replacement, therefore it will take 3 weeks to import one from japan. There is an added complication here that the car needs an MOT within a few weeks, which obviously it will fail with a nice large crack in the front windscreen.

If someone could just quickly confirm this, since you guys seem to know far more than even toyota do about the supra this should be a walk in the park ;)

I've been lurking in these forums for a while now, and I must say considering the usual level of BBS / Forums in general this one is amazing! Hopefully i'll get my act together in a few weeks and get my butt to a meet somewhere!

Thanks in advance.

G man,

Nice to see you here finally. Go slap the guy from the windscreen company and then we'll go and trade yours in for that nice that's still on the boat coming in for JIC.

See you next weekend.

Yes, Gareth is another Norwich boy with a Supra....

(who is quietly Pissed that I have a TT and he doesn't! - isn't that right G! Only messing, you don;t have to lecture me about how your about to by one and turn it into a SuperSonic road eater............)

Well I know 3 supra owners in Norwich (Me, Gareth Davies and Ian C) and a 4th is coming soon courtesy of a chap called Darren Blake who is on the Smart Groups list.

Then there is a guy up the road from me who I don't know with a red MKIV NO. plate A1 CAN.

Today I parked in the Malthouse multistory carpark (u can tell mine hasn't been lowered!) and there was a black L reg in there too. Those two are both standard so mine still rules.

I've seen another black one travelling between Norwich and Cambs. .....

So basically they're really common!!!!

But that sort of discussion doesn't belong on here so I guess if we want to discuss that we should be in the chit chat page...

Cheers All