The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my 1st supra-- well nearly

Guest pedro7680

Guest pedro7680

Hi everyone, just been researching this forum after deciding to sell my skyline and become a supra owner.

although ive potentially just found my ideal purchase.

a p reg non turbo, slightly modified coming in at 5995.

not sure if this is a bit steep or not. but what im wondering is. if any of you guys, can point me towards the main common faults and things to look for.

and also

it shows 144000 MILES .. on the digital milometer, and does clearly state MILES. and the speedo is showing as Miles also. i think this is just a bit too high, but the salesperson has stated it is 144000 kilometers...

skyline dashes were the same from the imports but they werent digital????..

thanks in advance. and i look forward to joining this group ASAP

mate if it is miles, there is no need to worry as such, mine is an NA and is a 120,000 miles (imported with 3,000 km). If its a dealer ask him to see the import receipt and ask him when it was changed to miles as no way it is all miles or Kilometres

If you can find out when the car was imported you'll get a good idea of how many was kilometres.

Mines an N reg with 120,000 miles so i would say it is probably below 100,000 miles but thats just a guestimate

Guest pedro7680
i paid £4500 for my NA on a K redge ;)

wont it be an anti-climax tho from a skyline ?

yeah the 3l na coming from the gts25t 2.5turbo is a bit bit slow.

but the test drive i had made me fall in love with it. had a celica gen5 - pop up lights 1 before the skyline.

got rid of the skyline, before it broke!

yeah the 3l na coming from the gts25t 2.5turbo is a bit bit slow.

but the test drive i had made me fall in love with it. had a celica gen4 before the skyline.

got rid of the skyline, before it broke!

nice one mate :)

honestly,my supra NA has been ultra reliable,i cant believe how good and forgiving my car has been to me ,. it gets looks and stares everywhere :)

if anyones selling a n/a one 95/96 feel free to drop a pm.

not looking to spend more than 5 grand though. ( i dont think )

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?nU=0&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&min_pr=75&max_pr=&postcode=g82%201da&miles=40&max_records=50&modelexact=1&photo=1

second one down is the one ive tested..

Looks too expensive, nice looking car though.

For you infomation the rear wing is made by C-West, the front and rear bumpers by a Japanese company called Wise Sports.

i have had my mk4 supra for just over two wks, 93k plate 51,000 miles auto paid £4,500 and i cant stop driving it, its the sort of car that is built for the driver. so much better than the mk3 i had for 6 years. and the auto box is the best i have had, (i have had a lot of auto's).

6k can buy you a twin turbo import auto mate :)

If you are very lucky and catch someone who needs the cash. Also, you better have it checked over twice, a lot of cars are cheap for a reason.

This doesn't mean that you can't pick up a bargain though, just be careful.