The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Toys!!

Matt H

My new front bumper arrived yesterday!! :D Its a Do-Luck late replica from Miami-GT, It looks awesome! the quality isnt that good, there are alot of imperfections, but it doesnt matter cos it can easily get sorted in the bodyshop.

Also, I thought I would post up some pics of my dash, which has received the brushed aluminium look. I only used the main pieces to cover the dash. Didn’t bother with the door handles and glove box handle parts etc, so a waste of money in that respect but putting those parts on would look naff.

Happy days!

Front bumper:

Took all the dash pieces out so I could ensure I proper fit.

Kit attached to the dash:

And finally everything back in the car! You can’t say that doesn’t look good!

My new front bumper arrived yesterday!! :D Its a Do-Luck late replica from Miami-GT, It looks awesome! the quality isnt that good, there are alot of imperfections, but it doesnt matter cos it can easily get sorted in the bodyshop.

What kind of imperfections mate ?

thats the reason i dont do replicas because of the quality but it looks good:)

i went for the original Do-Luck thinking this exact same thing, but the quality on that wasn't great. It still required some filling/smoothing etc before it could be primed & painted

look forward to seeing the bumper on Matt ;) had any quotes on spraying & fitting yet?

thats the reason i dont do replicas because of the quality but it looks good:)

i think anything in fibre glass is going to need some work whether original or not dont forget glass/carbon fibre is all hand laid so prone to innacuracys whether genuine or not

Cheers chaps!

Imperfections as in small indentations and the like. The worst bit is at the bottom centre of the bumper. Theres like a long thin line sticking out along the horizontal plane, but nothing a bit of sanding wont sort.

But at the end of the day it really doesnt matter cos i doubt anyone attaches any bumper and sprays it as it comes. a bit of sanding / smoothing here or there is par for the course i reckon, over all its top notch, i would defo buy it again if i had the choice of buying an original or the replica. Like Wez says, his needed a bit of work too. As long as its not in half when it arrives theres not a problem!

i went for the original Do-Luck thinking this exact same thing, but the quality on that wasn't great. It still required some filling/smoothing etc before it could be primed & painted

look forward to seeing the bumper on Matt ;) had any quotes on spraying & fitting yet?

Cheers Wez, i've havent got a qoute for fitting and spraying yet, but i know where i'm going to take it to have it fitted. A place in Altrincham, i took my previous car there to have a body kit fitted and tailgate / rear bumper smoothed. there did an awesome job. there a small place but the chap is an utter pro, and very well priced. Carnt remember the name at hand but i'll post it up when i remeber it!

Only thing is my car is still with Chris Wilson, he carnt find out whats wrong with it :( He says that he is going to have a look at the turbos tomorrow - ouch:(