The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto to 6speed conversion

Guest SpeedUp

Guest SpeedUp

I would like to do an auto (already BL upgraded) to 6speed conversion.

Do you have an idea where I can buy an used differential and 6spd transmission ?

BTW:

Here is a small video of my last dyno day.

Guest SpeedUp
so this is sort of a 'parts wanted' ad? Any reason why you didnt post in the 'parts wanted' section?

JB

As a trial member you have 40 free posts available to you, which can be used in all the forums except the Classified forums.

And there are a lot of Supras in the UK. So I hope you could help me out.

As a trial member you have 40 free posts available to you, which can be used in all the forums except the Classified forums.

And there are a lot of Supras in the UK. So I hope you could help me out.

indeed, the key words there are 'except in the classified forums' which is why this isnt in there. If you are hoping to benefit from using the club then you need to pay your membership otherwise this thread will have to be removed. Its £10 and if a member here finds you a suitable transmission and diff you will no doubt save that amount over buying new from Toyota.

JB

I would like to do an auto (already BL upgraded) to 6speed conversion.

Do you have an idea where I can buy an used differential and 6spd transmission ?

BTW:

Here is a small video of my last dyno day.

What figures did you get on the Dyno ? I took the time to Dl it and watch (more time loading and unloading the car rather then the actual power runs) You took the time to write the specs and psi but not the results....

:search:

Guest SpeedUp
What figures did you get on the Dyno ? I took the time to Dl it and watch (more time loading and unloading the car rather then the actual power runs) You took the time to write the specs and psi but not the results....

:search:

482 RWHP, 671 Nm @ 4. Run and with only a small fan for the fresh air.

Guest SpeedUp
indeed, the key words there are 'except in the classified forums' which is why this isnt in there. If you are hoping to benefit from using the club then you need to pay your membership otherwise this thread will have to be removed. Its £10 and if a member here finds you a suitable transmission and diff you will no doubt save that amount over buying new from Toyota.

JB

Just paid my membership with PayPal. ;)

Guest SpeedUp
Very nice... have I seen your car before in some German Supra club vids? Nice bodykit :cool:

It's possible but never with those rims and the hood.

Guest SpeedUp
I thought that too, great song in that movie. Also, didnt sound like you had the BL kit in that video, just the stock auto.

Yes that's right.

Here is another video with the BL auto installed.