The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Cambelt

Matt 6

Looks like the Supra is going into my local Toyota dealership on Thursday for its Cambelt to be changed. Decided I can't be bothered with doing it, have enough with working on cars all day without doing after work too!!

Its not much different to the "how to" I wrote for the TT.

See here

Its basically the same, you just dont have the air tubes for the turbos,

and you need to remove the power steering pump front bracket (not remove the power steering pump or disconnect it) , but you would still need to the tools to remove the crank pulley bolt.

If you need to borrow it, it should be available in a few weeks time, as another forum member is borrowing it this week. :)

That does seem a good price, especially for Toyota. Not worth getting your hands dirty.

It is the cambelt and not the drive belt they quoted you for. ;)

Yeah, its the cambelt, around 3 hours they have quoted me.

I did the drive belt the other day but can't be arsed to do the cambelt, at that price I would rather leave someone else to do it and I can sit back and relax :D

Just about to take it to Toyota now, got to be there for 8:30. Just making sure everything is removed from the inside andthat the outside is spotless, don't want them thinking I don't look after my Supe.

Going to tell them I don't want it washing either, not letting some little YTS valeter near my car :eyebrows:

Blimey, Toyota quoted me £250ish. I shall be hoping to get my hands on Mark's tool in a few months time. I've seen photos of it and it looks large and powerful.

Why thankyou Rob. :blush: I hoped no one would notice, but please form an orderly queue and everybody can get their hands on it. :D

You only need to ask and I will stick it in the post. :innocent: