The mkiv Supra Owners Club

illegal HKS Super dragger

supra steveo

over in germany trying to get my car sorted with a road worthyness test, i am told that the exhaust, because its a Mod, needs an E stamp or papers showing the E stamp, i was up for just making one with a metal stamp kit but i think they will suss me out, any one got any pictures of this stamp on their exhaust or have any papers for a super dragger with the stamp? the test center also said that if the original exhaust hasnt got a stamp its OK coz its the original and not loud but if the HKS had a stamp its ok. abit contradicting but this is the game they play (twats)

BTW the E mark can be seen on the back lights at the bottom

I think another way around this is to get a letter from the original engine manufacturer stating that the car isn't designed to meet European Standards. (If it's a J-Spec ;))

So go make friends with the nearest Toyota dealer... :D

HTH

Spyda

can you scan this so i can have a look, please, please mate, please :)

I binned it a couple of weeks ago in a big clear out, fairly typical that it is useful- now that i don't have it. sorry mate. :(

Try asking one of the traders that sells exhausts im sure they have something similar.

I know that Jasma is some sort of japanese regulatory body, i don't know if it is stricter than the german system or not or even if it is transferrable.

Can't you source a stock exhaust get your stamp of conformity etc and then fit the other exhaust back on ?

It might be worth pming Jspec Germany to see what he has done regarding this.

yeah that, plenty of fre or cheap stockers on here. I'm sure someone would post one for you. I have thrown two away in the past so loads must be around.

Hope you get it sorted out mate. If not let me know and we may be able to do something. I have a stock exhaust in my garden doing nothing just now and I will be driving right across germany A4 and A3 on or around the 24th of June, will be coming into Achen and leaving via Nikelsdorf en route to Romania. If you get desperate maybe we can work something out. thinking you could stick the stock one on to get your ticket and then revert back to the mighty HKS.

Shane

just got a message from the helpful WO1 today he said they are talking bollox if they give me any hasstle to phone him and he will make them pass my car:d :D :d :p how chuffed am i..... and apperently one of the officers had people out for to ask how far on the car was with if licence and asking if the car is illegal when i pass the test i might just have to do a fly-by and give if a nice rasp on the way past:) :)

Car went in for the test and took the very strict emissions test and passed with flying colours witch shocked the vehicle inspector, but failed on front tyres being a tad low on tread witch i hadnt noticed and the rear left brake is a bit weak so ive ordered my wheels 5 mins after the test and they will do a brake test too 180 euros and all i have to do is show them my new front tyres and a print out from a brake test and they will pass my car.

any ideas on what is causeing the rear left brake to be weak? the pads have got enought on them IMHO