The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have I done the right thing..?

Guest GeordieBoyKel

Guest GeordieBoyKel

I bought some 19s for my supra that I have just got last week. Got a few problems with them like :( but they do look FAT! :)

Have I done the right thing by buying 19s, or should I of stuck to the norm and gone for 18s? :confused:

how can it look too pimpy...?!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

I'm thinking I might go for 19's when I get some cash... people talk about handling, but to be fair I don't really drive it too crazily so....

If you like them, stick with them. Who cares what other people think, you aren't on a racetrack. They will potentially wear out suspension bits, especially wheel bearings, faster, will probably tramline a fair bit, the tyres will be £££s and will wear out fast, acceleration from a standing start is compromised and the ride might be rather harsh too. But then you could say that about 18's over 17's. And you can say "I don't care" to any of those points :D

-Ian

Guest GeordieBoyKel

Thanks for the replies fellas...

The thing is... I have kept my stock alloys for track days (if I ever go to another one as I wrote off a FTO on a track day) and I really wanted to try something a little different for my new project. I have intentions to be around for a long time with my supra and I know and realise that to everyone else it will just look like a typical modded supra, but to me it will be a first, a road I have never been down. Granted I may make mistakes. I may have to back track. I may even have to spend even more money to rectify a problem or a mistake that I cause in the first place. But for me tho, my enjoyment comes from the whole experience and not just the end result...

Being part of a community of owners where you can bounce ideas off is part of the experience and makes it even better for all. Thanks again to all...

Kelvin

if you can maintain the overall rolling radius roughly right, does having 18s vs 19s make that much odds?

if 18s look to small have you lowered the car, I think they are a good middle ground between putting the handling out of wack and looks. 17s are a bit small, I'd rather 18s with lower profiles with roughly the same over all radius. Not sure you can still acheive that with big 19s and fat tires?