The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OMG, I'm in love!

Jake

I picked up the new Supra tonight. (see the '2000 RZ' in my Sig for details)

OMG! It's awesome!

The lightened flywheel rattles like a bag of spanners and makes the car sounds like it's falling apart at tickover but Oh My God does it go! The difference between a full BPU Supra and a small single is amazing. It's like the difference between a stock Supe and a BPU Supe - plus an extra 50%!

And I'm only running it at 1.0 bar until I get the mapping checked.

My mate who gave me a lift to pick the car up and followed me back said the rear of the car squats down when I accelerate hard.

And the noise..... !

Very happy bunny ATM :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done bud ..Excelent news. Singles are a whole different world huh? :cool:
Oh yeah!

I had no idea it was like this. The only single Supe I have driven before was Frank's auto with a 67 and eManage (Frank = Dude's 'best friend') but it was nothing like this.

I'm loving the manual gearbox too, maybe it's that that makes the difference with a single, I dunno.

To me, the difference between an auto and a manual on the stock turbos seems to favour the auto but with a single turbo it's a completely different ballgame. I'm so impressed with the single on a manual TT, I feel disloyal to my beloved auto Supra gearboxes :D

I can't wait until the morning to get out there and have another blast about in it. I haven't felt like that since I first got a Supra over 3 years ago!

Same old story by the sounds of it, soon as you get in a manual you feel like god :D
No Rob, honestly mate, I've driven 6sp TTs on the stock turbos and I didn't go much on it. For a Supe on the stock twin turbos I would still prefer the auto gearbox.

That wasnt a great example TBH, But anyway ..you must be over the moon :). Happy for ya bud, really am,, you got a lurberly car there. Bit green eye even if you to have to stir the gears now.:p Manuals defo feel faster to me when i've been taken out in them :) and you got the extra spice too ..the vvti to give it a bit more pep.

Bastid ;) :D

Each to their own, glad you're happy with your new one
Thanks mate. I'm not meaning to diss manuals but they ain't my cup of tea on the stockers. Like you say, each to their own.

BTW, what needs doing to it? I heard of some tuning talk? Does it need a tinkering to get it to run full on, or is it sound as it is?
Well, that's the thing... see I don't really know what it needs. It was mapped with a Motec m600 before the engine rebuild - but it needed a rebuild at that time.

So it's had the rebuild now and been run-in, and to be fair it goes like stink at 1.0 bar but, given my history of blowing engines up, I'm reluctant to give it anymore boost until I've had the mapping checked. To be honest I'm scared to turn the boost up in case something nasty happen - again.

....it's just so difficult to resist though! :D