The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on alarm and immobilisor please

BASHTHEBISHOP

Having just bought my supe i need to get it fitted with a thatcham 1 alarm & immobilisor.

Having not had one a car for a few years, i was just after advice of what to get and who from really. I dont want anything flash but have got my insurance based on having one fitted.

I live in bristol - and i was looking at using these people:-

http://www.audio4less.co.uk/COBRAALARMS.htm for the 7928 model.

Mainly becasue they will come out and fit it and the very few reviews i can find on the model say it is sound.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. ;)

Im going to be going for the toad A160, ive heard nothing but good things about this model, its around similar price to your above example! Thats all i can say really as ive not had experience with it, but heard its a reliable one to go for.

I have a toad a160 and it's fine, you can expand it's capabilities to include window closure, boot release etc. However as far as I know you can't use a turbo timer with the TOAD so if you have a turbo timer this might not be the one to go for.

Clifford concept seems to be another popular one too.

Mike

I've got the Cobra 7928 on my van.

I did quite a bit of research and they were highly recommended.

Had it on the van for the last 3 years, it's very reliable and I haven't had any false alarms.

I've got a toad Ai606 on the Supra, it's good aswell.

The Cobra Alarm has a much louder siren though. :)