The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unexpected benefits of a loud exhaust

SupraStar 3000

we all know how gaaaaaay the standard Supra horn sounds.

Well,.. I've started to use my right foot and the associated deep exhaust tone as a additional tool useful for highlighting the errors made by other road users and BMW drivers.

Just enjoyed a lovely evening drive in the soop and on a several occasions had to used the exhaust to usher people along.

Found it much more satisfying than the "Postman Pat" style "beeeeep" so

why not give it a try :) :search: :blink: :sly:

a bit more difficult if you drive an auto lol

should be sorted when Nic's group buy on the new horns arrive ;)

nah horns isnt the answer mate take suprastars method to the max and buy a boostlogic 4" system you could scare people in Norway with that

nah horns isnt the answer mate take suprastars method to the max and buy a boostlogic 4" system you could scare people in Norway with that

totally agree but i drive an auto!! difficult to do that without either shifting into park/neutral first which is a pain in the ass or accellerating into someone's bumper lol

totally agree but i drive an auto!! difficult to do that without either shifting into park/neutral first which is a pain in the ass or accellerating into someone's bumper lol

yeah i know what you mean mate i'me an auto man as well, swings and roundabouts i suppose, the manual boys can scare people but we can out drag em :hide:

I know what you mean Ed; when following someone at lowish speed on a dual carriageway or motorway, a good loud downshift (or two/three) can be enough to let the person in front know that you want to move past.

That said, approaching a car sat at sub 100mph in the fast lane while doing over 150mph seems to get them to move out the way pretty damn fast :D

Made it from my home in Reading to Phoenix at Watford in 42 minutes this morning - during rush hour ;) I love my Supra :eyebrows:

I used to that at junctions when turning right off a main road into them. Toss pots round here regularly just stop in the middle of the road have a wee chat, When they leave enough room to just clear wing mirrors its funny as when you light the car up and RLTC cuts the fuel so it back fires like feck down a loud exhaust, scares the crap out of the eejits. Same effect at lights when someone gets in the way, funny thing is when you light it up that heavy it doesn't actually go that fast as the rltc is cutting it rightback :D

When they leave enough room to just clear wing mirrors its funny as when you light the car up and RLTC cuts the fuel so it back fires like feck down a loud exhaust, scares the crap out of the eejits.

Yep, that works!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif