My Dyno Graph

Pig

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's more useful as it's what's being measured unless you want to put it on an engine dyno. a Flwheel calculator wouldn't really work as the drivetrain losses will be slightly different car to car, each rolling road / hub dyno is already different as it is.

Lag? Surely you mean the time it takes to make positive boost. Its boosting late but that does not mean lag. Lag is the time measured when the turbo is in the boost zone, between you hitting the gas and the turbo delivering. Usually with modern turbos a fraction of a second. What your graph shows is that with your T61 you seem to be making boost higher up the rpm scale than where you'd expect it to be.

550cc injectors that were running out of duty at 0.8bar............ Dude I did say not to take it past 1 bar of boost absolute max, that looks like 1.2 to me :eek:

The MAF is still on, stock UK spec cams, no timing control, E-Manage Blue. Also, Pigs car was making 0.8bar boost at 3600rpm in 2nd gear while it was being mapped, which is what you'd expect for a T61 on an auto. I've got all the datalogs - why it's now waiting until 4000rpm to achieve the same boost levels in a taller gear I do not know... I know there have been a couple of plumbing issues between then and now?

-Ian

much higher than you'd expect it to be - this isnt making full boost til approx 4600 rpm - as an example Burts car (also auto running a t61) is making full boost from 3400 from what he was saying...

why would i lie about it.... yes my setup makes full boost from 3400rpm

for jap cars its approx 220 BHP ATW and uk is approx 250BHP ATW

Where did those figures come from? Even if you have an outrageous figure of 30% losses that would only give you 286. And why the difference between J-Spec and UK? Or are you subscribing to the theory that the UK BHP figure is much higher in stock form? :blink:

Where did those figures come from? Even if you have an outrageous figure of 30% losses that would only give you 286. And why the difference between J-Spec and UK? Or are you subscribing to the theory that the UK BHP figure is much higher in stock form? :blink:

its a mith.

326uk and 276 or whatever because the japs can not bring out cars over 280hp:d

the steel turbo makes the extra boost power

Pig's dyno sheet is all wrong....

My T61 made FULL boost by 3200 (VVTI Manual).

As Ian says he has logs to prove that it was boosting by 3600 on Pig's.

I'd say Jon/Pig has run above the recommeded and mapped for boost (0.8-1bar) and has melted something in the engine...the dyno was at 1.2 bar which is above what Ian recommended.

His lack of boost till late on would suggest to me he has a major lack of compression.