The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lazer jammer

nige

do any of you guys have one of these fitted or are they any good? thinking about getting one currently using a snooper evo good for the gatso's but the lazer vans tend to clock you when they see you,if your lucky and theyre clocking some one else it usually warns you in advance,any advise would be great cheers.

do any of you guys have one of these fitted or are they any good? thinking about getting one currently using a snooper evo good for the gatso's but the lazer vans tend to clock you when they see you,if your lucky and theyre clocking some one else it usually warns you in advance,any advise would be great cheers.

You realise you can be prosecuted for "Perverting the Course of Justice" for having one fitted to you car?..

And don't believe the sales bumf about advance warning if they are checking someone elses car. The laser beam is too narrow for that. The jammer works by detecting the laser beam aimed right at you and then instantly sending out a scrambler beam to put the gun into error mode, thus not obtaining a speed reading.....

what you do is hit the brakes like never before, then turn unit off, the oerator thinks they "missed" you.

hit you again and low and behold you are not speeding !

Yeah, and the car behind you ploughs into the back of your Supe writing it off and killing them and possibly you.... If you're not killed its all on video so you get lots of years in prison for death by dangerous driving??? :search:

Not worth it. Keep the speeds down on the road, keep your licence & save it for the track days. They're safer and much more fun ;)

what you do is hit the brakes like never before, then turn unit off, the oerator thinks they "missed" you.

hit you again and low and behold you are not speeding !

They now log the error codes and take note of the vehicle it applied to. If it comes up more than a couple of times you can get them coming around to your house to tear your car apart....

Have a look at this: http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/laserpropark.htm

Totally legal and according to reviews it works better than most illegal jammers.

This is apparently just down to the frequency that this uses. I know a guy good at electronics that reckons he could reproduce this for about £20. I offered to make him £20 on everyone he could give me but am still waiting lol.

that link to the lazer pro park sounds really tempting any one have one?

i know we shouldnt speed but these lazer vans appear everywhere just for revenue so i think if theres a device out there to fuck them so be it whats your opinions guys

that link to the lazer pro park sounds really tempting any one have one?

i know we shouldnt speed but these lazer vans appear everywhere just for revenue so i think if theres a device out there to fuck them so be it whats your opinions guys

im with you mate id have one straight away its out of order these dirty bastard things are hiding everywhere and its fcuk all to do with road safety.:rolleyes:

If it interferes with police equipment you can still be done for Perverting the course of Justice....

Yup...we road users are criminals and the police have every right to go to whatever extent to prosecute us.

Im sure that if need be, theyll soon send the SWAT team to confiscate your license.

Guest CupraA

These sound rather useful!

You can get one from these guys:

K300 Ltd.

10 Pentland Close

Hazel Grove

Stockport

Cheshire

SK7 5BS

Tel - 0161 355 1275

Fax - 0161 355 5134

Email - [email protected]

They are £300 tho!

Guest Hilbery

Watch out throw an error code and its auto snap of the plate! Throw it twice and they start to look harder at you............ throw it again and game over!! A few peeps have been had using these now. I have to agree track and air field days are a far better place for this sort of speed!!

Watch out throw an error code and its auto snap of the plate! Throw it twice and they start to look harder at you............ throw it again and game over!! A few peeps have been had using these now. I have to agree track and air field days are a far better place for this sort of speed!!

I have read about this on another forum and this is true. I would not bother with one it may say your license once or twice if lucky but 3 red flags and the bip will be coming to pay a unexpected visit. From what I remember the guy said they raided his place at some stupid hour and inspected the car to find the jammer. Talk about up shits creek without a paddle.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Re "save that speed for track days"

1, Track days etc are fine, but you can get done by a van at 60 on a dual carriageway (Bath by-pass, 60 in a 50, 3 points)... you don't have to be doing stupid MPH.

2, Has anybody actually been "done" for using these, not just word of mouth or an a forum - just interested !

3, I'm to chicken to install one anyway...:(

G

I have read about this on another forum and this is true. I would not bother with one it may say your license once or twice if lucky but 3 red flags and the bip will be coming to pay a unexpected visit. From what I remember the guy said they raided his place at some stupid hour and inspected the car to find the jammer. Talk about up shits creek without a paddle.

It is true but apparantly the laser pro park has been thoroughly tested and doesn't give an error code on the gun like most of the other jammers.

It is true but apparantly the laser pro park has been thoroughly tested and doesn't give an error code on the gun like most of the other jammers.

Steve if they don't get a reading off you they will take your number anyway, error code or not..........

Where I used to work they did some top secret hush hush gubbins for the military.

In the stores was a couple of tins of really expensive paint. Apparently it was radar & laser absorbing paint & could be used to mask a vehicle (tank) from enemy targetting devices........

Olive green Supe anyone ;) :D