The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am tempted to go the whole hog....would you do it again?

Pig

I cant decide whether or not to go the whole hog: Sort the interior so its mint and get the engine so its capable of running some serious power :D (obviously that would be very staged as its not cheap)

Examples of cars being Lee T and CJ/Gamer etc etc etc

The question is, in heinsight would you have done it???

Just remember that you will not get your money back. The flipside is what else can you get for the same money ?!? You will have an awesome car that you love, that goes like stink and STILL turns heads. Just accept that every mod you do is for you, and not for resale.

Now GO FOR IT :)

Get the car to where you want it mechanically before you even start to do anything to the interior/exterior mate.

Just my 2p ;)

Completely agree, I'd prioritise brakes, suspension, engine, then exterior/interior personally.

related but slight tangient. if you want to go the whole hog and are stock or part way there, would you sell up and buy something ready moded (might be hard to find exactly what you want) or stick with what you know (may cost more)?

Im tempted but i dont think there is as much fun in doing that. MUCH MUCH cheaper but this car is my own and it was 100% std when i got it. A real project / learning curve. Wouldnt want my 1st modded car to be done completly by someone else.....on that point though. I will do my best to never do it again as its sooooo expensive!

I think It's a case of priorotising what is most important to you and having a good idea of what Goals you want to achieve. I.e if performance is top of your list then it's nice to have an idea of what you want the car to do.

Building an all out Dyno queen with huge BHP will be a mare to live with on a day to day basis, so you have to have it in your head what you want it to do.

Budget for using the correct parts of the bat instead of band aiding it and always chasing the next bit in order to get the car working correctly. A quick car is not all about power, its also in the brakes, chassis , Tyres and so on, so just throwing a powerful lump under the bonnet is no good without being able to go round corners and stopping. Supras are like sponges,,they can soak up a lot of money tuning them and thats without touching any possible problems and cost of running/ servicing them to keep them tip top.

I think ,as has been mentioned ,you have to really accept that most of the money you spend on parts/labour you wont get back so it's a case of doing it for the crack rather than for the investment.

I think It's a case of priorotising what is most important to you and having a good idea of what Goals you want to achieve. I.e if performance is top of your list then it's nice to have an idea of what you want the car to do.

Building an all out Dyno queen with huge BHP will be a mare to live with on a day to day basis, so you have to have it in your head what you want it to do.

Budget for using the correct parts of the bat instead of band aiding it and always chasing the next bit in order to get the car working correctly. A quick car is not all about power, its also in the brakes, chassis , Tyres and so on, so just throwing a powerful lump under the bonnet is no good without being able to go round corners and stopping. Supras are like sponges,,they can soak up a lot of money tuning them and thats without touching any possible problems and cost of running/ servicing them to keep them tip top.

I think ,as has been mentioned ,you have to really accept that most of the money you spend on parts/labour you wont get back so it's a case of doing it for the crack rather than for the investment.

Exactly that.

hey buddy, its nice to see high power supras....the noise, the intensity of their power delivery and the sheer speed on the road is truely amazing, however for me, reliability, fuel economy as a daily driver is paramount.

Hence an optimum running BPU would suit be just fine, nice and clean looking example. Still turns a lot of heads, sounds awesome and kills most cars on the road - even while on a standstill in the city of london.

Each to their Own.