The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Beat a type R

Adam

Coming home from work yesterday and a civic type r came up behind me and sat on my arse so i pulled in and as he went past there was a couple of little pikeys looking all smug i moved over so i pulled straight back behind them. :sly: The road ahead cleared so we both went for it from 70mph. Got to 135 and i was pushing him along.:eyebrows: Couldn`t undertake him as the other lane was busy so in the end just back off as i was getting bored by it. Saw him in traffic 1 mile up the road and he didnt look pleased. :D Didnt realise they even did 135:search:

Mine is an n/a and i was all over him. Could be down to the drvier ;) If it was from 0 to 135 then yeah it would be close but 70 to 135 i had him

not trying to take anything away the soop woudl win imo but type r's are a top motor and they have superb handling

had one before the supra and they are good for about 155- 157. On a motorway the supra would win everytime but on twisties civic would run circles around a supra.

Was that speed on a GPS based device or just off the speedo....the speedos are incredibly inaccurate.

I have driven the breadvan...and first incarnation of the 2ltr ivtec model, good brakes, excellent gearbox, horrible driving position, crappy steering feel and not that impressive handling. My prelude was MILES better...in a different league, that chassis was brilliant - and engine btw, is superb although its a completely different driving style, you need to revs the nuts in order to go anywhere.

it was off my rsm as the speedo only goes up to 110 on my dash cos it was limited to 112 before i delimited as it was an import

same thing....Apexi RSM

try comparing the speed on the RSM with the speed on a GPS device.

Dry at a constant speed and youll find that the GPS device is far more accurate that the speedo / ecu.

BTW: My prelude which was a 220ps 2.2Vti monster did a top speed of 149 leptons on a GPS device.

Guest awesome

LOL - im not surprised you beat him mate,Supras are in a different league to the CTR. I drive a CTR myself - 197BHP, 0-60 6.4secs on a facelift and they are good for 147 - I know some of the CTR lads that have been to Germany and managed to get the speedo on 160mph which gave a reading of 147 on GPS. TBH I wouldnt bother trying to race a soop, not even a na. When I mod the car though and do a BPU then I will be testing it against my mates soop - still expect him to blow me away tho, he has a twin turbo!

I once owned a Type R (before the little lad came along) and it was a brilliant car, great engine and gearbox (love the gear stick on the dash as well). I have always been a fan of Honda’s and the performance is very similar to an N/A Supra. In fact there shouldn’t be a lot of difference at all. I still love Honda’s, its just a shame that they don’t do more RWD cars and also that they never sold the DC5 Integra over here.

Whilst I do think that the Supra is the best car I have ever owned I do still miss the Civic and will always have fond memories of my old Mk2 CRX (loved that car as well)

Mark

Not a chance on the same as a NA had a mate in a gtst, then a NA supra and me behind in the civic coming off a round about, gtst booted it supra did and then i did ended up slamming the brakes on or would of slammed into the back of the supra. Mine was mildly modified 4-2-1 race manifold, straight through mid pipe hayame back box and injen race division cold air intake, suspension etc

I had a similar encounter with an intergra type r, he was infront with his m8 waving me too take him, we were doing about 60 at this stage and I was about 4 car lengths behind him, came level with him at about 140 ish, the auto gear changed when I was exactly level with him and the dump valve gave a god almight woosh and I flew on past :D, I bet his m8s thought I was take the piss, anyway mile down the the road, came to traffic so I slowed right back down to 60 and stayed behind the traffic as the road was alot narrower, but this muppet eventually got behind me again and started car hopping like a mad man, typical chav driver dont know when to give it up, I just let him on his way and stayed where I was ! ive not got an N/A but I still enjoyed it :D