The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thanks again Jurgen

Feakins

As you may have seen from my previous post, I picked my new supra up from Jurgen on Saturday and just thought I'd write about my experience. If you don't want to read my life story scroll down to the last paragraph.

I first realised I really wanted a supra about a year and a half ago, I wanted a new car and wanted something special. I'd always liked Supra's and RX7's but the supra won it for me for so many reasons. They looked so good but I thought I probably wouldn't be able to insure one. I did a search on the net and eventually found this club. I read and read for ages and loved them more and more hearing how reliable they were. I'd already been saving up pretty hard and the plan was to buy one sometime after my birthday.

The plan was a black UK manual :) soon I realised that wasn't going to happen. I had a look on autotrader and ebay but couldn't really find anything decent for my budget. I never really thought of importing one because I'd already been waiting over a year and didn't fancy waiting 3 months. After another few weeks of searching I thought I would give Jurgen a call as he has some good feedback and find out how it works. He gave me the password to check out the online auctions and I started looking on there. I thought it would be worth the wait for the right car so without hesitation handed over the deposit so he knew I was serious. We were both looking and a black RZ-S came up with low mileage so Jurgen said it looked over budget but we will try and get it so he sent his man in the check it out. It looked good so we went for, unfortunately it went for about £500 more than I could afford which is fair enough as it only had around 30k on it.

After a few more days a nice RZ came up with 60k on it, it looked good so Jurgen checked it out and we agreed to go for it. Next morning he gave me a call and it was mine :D. He needed the second payment so I sent that to him and the long wait started. After a painful couple of months the car was in the UK, I had spoken to Jurgen several times during the wait to talk about various things and was very helpful everytime. I gave him the last payment and he went to pick the car up.

The car seemed good, the interior seemed a little worn so he sorted me out a great price on a leather retrim, surely cheaper than cost price. He also painted the dash black at no extra cost and fitted a gear level gaitor. It needed 4 new tyres but he had already warned me to budget for this so he fitted 4 tyres trade price too. When he was driving it he was unsure whether the clutch was slipping, he also noticed the rear wheel bearing needed replacing when he had it on the ramps. He ordered the parts for both of these and told me they would be totally at his expense as he promised a sound car. This would probably mean that he is almost importing the car for free but this is a man who wants to keep his immaculate reputation.

After driving the car some more and ordering the clutch he realised the clutch was fine, could of just been feeling strange as its been sat for so long. He rang me and told me but asked whether I wanted the clutch fitted, I said it was up to him, no need to if its OK. Jurgen fitted the new clutch for free anyway and has even given me the one which he took off as a spare as it still has life in it.

After a week of praying for my number plate and tax to come through the post it arrived on the Friday so I booked a flight up there on the Saturday. Jurgen picked me up from the airport and the car looked great, far better than the pictures looked, he showed me any minor marks on the bodywork straight away rather than wait for me to find them when I got back. After showing me the Trial supra he let me follow him onto the A1 and I started my drive home, he called me to make sure evertying was ok on the way and when I got back. The car was perfect, just what I wanted, a good conidtion TT6. One thing the car needed was a good set of matts which I was going to buy, however speaking to Jurgen on the forum when I got back he offered to send some to me in the post also for no extra charge. The car is now booked in for a service and an alarm from companies I have heard of from the forum. Well worth the £10 membership :D

So basically if theres anyone who is looking to import a car you can't go wrong with Jm-imports, the £500 fee is so cheap for the service you get and he could easily charge more if he wanted to. Even though he is importing cars for lots of people you can ring him at anytime if you need to know anything and he will make sure you are happy. As seen from my experience I definately got my £500 out of him, probably about that just in his phone bill to me :D. I'm sure if you went to a garage they'd charge a fortune, couldn't guarantee a decent car and probably forget about you as soon as you handed over the cash.

Cheers dude.

IMGP0067.JPG

IMGP0069.JPG

He sure is, he is the best, helped me sell my Supra in 3 days, and it cost him his £500 fee, as my buyer was going to get one from Jurgan. Can't say more than that.

although he did want to help me to get the Aristo back up here! :eyebrows:

excellent. Jurgen sure is a top bloke and has been very helpful to me already by putting up with my stupid questions etc.

if and when i eventually upgrade to a TT i have a strong feeling i'll be getting it from him.

Sounds like a great experience :) I've heard nothing but praise about Jurgen & his services.

It's a shame not all traders are like Jurgen in regards to customer service, knowledge, and aftersales advice etc

I'm reading more and more about people who have bought stuff off various traders and then been ignored when it's pathetically late, lost in the post, or just plainly the wrong item.