The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bollocks

mattanna

I have had my n/a for about 3-4 months now, it looks good and is in perfect condition and drives fine, but boy do i wish i had bought a tt instead, and now do not have the funds, such a fu**er when these things happen and i am now driving a two seater car that is slower than most hot hatches which comfortably seat 5 and take all the luggage!:search:

Guest gzaerojon

the way i see it

why buy a big mac large fries and.... A Diet coke :)

i went for the chocolate muffin too (aerotop)

:D

Slower than most hot hatches??

You must be doing something wrong. My NA wasn't beaten by much.

no mine isnt either ask the driver of the clio sport thingy in swansea last night how many hot hatches can do 0-60 in 6.2 secs not many

I have had my n/a for about 3-4 months now, it looks good and is in perfect condition and drives fine, but boy do i wish i had bought a tt instead, and now do not have the funds, such a fu**er when these things happen and i am now driving a two seater car that is slower than most hot hatches which comfortably seat 5 and take all the luggage!:search:

I know what you mean matey. The car looks stunning and everyone assumes that it goes like a super car. Even my wife agree's that I should go NA-T in the future. Dont get me wrong, I love the car, it looks, feels and sounds great. But I would definately like it to be faster. The way I see it, I have a good starting point, and the rest is upto Turbo Fit :)

Mark

Thanks for all replies, i suppose the way it is even if i got a tt i would then want something more, you can get used to anything really, i suppose in the n/a it is difficult to go faster for the money, heres hoping for a windfall!!

to tell you the truth i was thinking about this the other day ... but i have been driving it all day today and scared myself shitless :) ... cant wait for the sun to come up tomorrow so i can go back out.

wouldnt mind a tt but certainly wouldnt want anything else

Charlie

Its a Supra, thats all that matters. I would rather have an NA than a TT because I enjoy the car, I dont need 5 seats and If I have luggage I put it on the back seat. I don't "race" hot hatches because I have found you do get a lot of respect from other car drivers, if I am at traffic lights and a car pulls up alongside they normally stop a good 3 feet further back. If I am cruising on a motorway or Dual carriageway and go in the outside lane 95% of the cars in front will pull over. Enjoy the car, they are rock solid and there is less to go wrong than a TT.

With the NA, go for de-cat with performance exhaust, upgrade your suspension and if you must go for an induction kit, I think apexi are the next best thing to stock.

no mine isnt either ask the driver of the clio sport thingy in swansea last night how many hot hatches can do 0-60 in 6.2 secs not many

0-60 times are a bad figure to use, look at the 0-100, most hot hatches are around 20 secs to 100, the n/a is in the 15's, yes the hatches are nippy, but only to 70 then they have nothing left, even when I had my mini, I timed my 60 runs and the best I could do was 8.9 -60 (below quoted) but carrying on to 100 took a further 21 seconds!lol! 21 seconds to go a further 40mph!!!!

And the best thing for you n/a owners is to lighten the car, you already have a 100kg advantage over the tt, get your self a greddy ti, fit lightweight wheels,seats and you'll probably already see 50kg loss easy.