The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fook me it's fast !

Muffleman

Okay, pretty sure Jamiep posted similar when he first got his T88, but HOLY CRAP singles are quick !

I'm only running 1.0bar boost until it's properly mapped, but even so - breaking traction all over the place, making other cars look like they're standing still and thank F... for the TRD diff. Once the boost comes in, how quick do you get through the revs ?!?!? Oh and the noise :love:

However, 10mins later and, frighteningly, you start to get used to it. Part of me can't wait to wind it up to 1.5bar, but I'm well happy for now. In fact, absolutely chuffed to bits, it's all polished today (pics going in Multimedia section later) and I couldn't have a bigger, stupider grin on my face :)

Singles are awesome :yahoo:

Guest Flat4_ire
fun aint they:D

ehh cool, but if ur having traction problems at 1bar then what u gonna do at 1.5bar?? apart from buy shares at Goodyear

Unfortunately, my boost gauge is on the fritz. Greg at Turbofit had a quick look yesterday, and it all seems wired up okay so I need to fiddle around with it really as it's pretty difficult to look down at the boost controller and keep the car going in the right direction !

But it seems later than the dyno printouts from Trial, I'd say 4k ish - but I need to get my gauge working.

And yes, they are fun ! I think the tyre compound I have is a bit hard, bit of a bummer as they're all spanky new ! I'm sure the rears will need doing soon ;)

Breaks traction in 2nd but 3rd and up is okay.

with my recent experience i would say be very careful the way the weather is at the moment with the greasy roads. dont forget mine let go even with RLTC in 4th or possibly 5th. But hell yeah, they are extremely fast. cant wait to get mine back