The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rotorstock today

CJ

I went along to the Rotorstock meeting today and have to say I was very dissapointed. The turn out was quite poor and there is just not enough to do or se there. The trader stands are almost non existant and other than watching cars run down a drag strip (pretty boring after a while) or a few cars going round a tiny drift circuit, there is nothing to do.

I really think the organisers of this need to start thinking about offering something more than what is currently there or this event is going to be visited by Mazda cars only.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

glad I ignored your advice about going colin lol

You certainly did the wise thing my friend. It was good to meet up with Jamie, Pete and the Opie Oils guys and to see my old friend Matt from Oxford again but other than that - crap! :(

I guess a six foot penis on my roof should set me apart from the crowd.

I just need to figure out how to drive the car from up there..... :D

Nah, no need to go that far. The performance of your car will set you apart enough ;)

I did see something that was worth looking at today. It was a RX7 that had a RX8 front end (including the front wings) put onto it. To be fair, it looked bloody superb. So much so, I am thinking of doing something similar as my next project. :eyebrows:

I did see something that was worth looking at today. It was a RX7 that had a RX8 front end (including the front wings) put onto it. To be fair, it looked bloody superb. So much so, I am thinking of doing something similar as my next project. :eyebrows:

did look nice, not sure on the paint scheme:blink:

You're right Col.

Not having working results boards didn't help either! Gaz (Envy) was told rabbits had eaten through a wire :think:

Spotted a white Supra on the drift track, no idea who, but was going very well compared to some of the others.

I think a lot of people were asking for refunds on the way out as the lady on the gate said "Are you queing for a refund?". :rolleyes:

I still enjoyed the day for the company if not the cars.

The sun was strong even though it wasn't out much, I've come back with a face like a beatroot! (sore too).

Thanks to S7eve and Burnard for the Double Sausage Hot Charcoal Dog :thumbs: Hope the camping turns out ok in what seemed like Dagobah Swamp.

Shame I didn't have my license or I'd have gone up the strip. :(

Don't think I'll bother next year.

HPIM1672 (Large).JPG

HPIM1682 (Large).JPG

HPIM1694 (Large).JPG

HPIM1679 (Large).JPG

It wasnt too bad for me as I only live about 50 miles away and the £10 entrance fee wasnt too bad. TBH I wasnt expecting much as I know Shakespeare well and its not exactly a venue for a big scale car show.

I literally popped down to have a look and that was it, I didnt expect any more.

Very nice to see JamieP, Pete and Burna - was good fun educating you guys on what a Toyota Chaser was all about :)

Yup, was the best car there CJ. And the Candy one was nice too..

Agree with all the comments of "crap" etc. Castle Coombe last week put them to shame.

All the traders were complaining about their sitings too, stuck in the middle of fields where there was no passing trade etc... Poor show (literally)

Very quick blue Soop there though, doing low 11's.....