The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got beaten by an old rover!

squiffy

does anyone know the spec on one of those old coupe turbo things, was a k reg.

i was on the motorway this morning when he passed me and revved it so pulled in behind him, we went from 80 - 110 and he pulled away considerably! dropped down to 80 and went again, this time i dropped to 4th but he was still creeping away!

tried it twice more and i couldnt even stay with him, let alone catch him,

well that was embarassing!

KNEW I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TT!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to go and sit in the corner, rock yourself back to the land of sense while thinking about what you have done!

lol, only yolking bud. Consider some upgrades though if an old rover handed you your own butt.

at the end of the day it was a Rover if you'de followed him much further you would have witnessed bits falling off and then a cloud of steam as his head gasket went (probably for about the 3rd time) i should know as i used to have one, dont worry mate your car is a 100 times better

does anyone know the spec on one of those old coupe turbo things, was a k reg.

i was on the motorway this morning when he passed me and revved it so pulled in behind him, we went from 80 - 110 and he pulled away considerably! dropped down to 80 and went again, this time i dropped to 4th but he was still creeping away!

tried it twice more and i couldnt even stay with him, let alone catch him,

well that was embarassing!

KNEW I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TT!!!!

Squiffy dont feel to bad about it mate they are damn quick cars as standard 200 bhp and 0-60 in about 6 my mates got a mint one and i think how quick it is everytime i go in it they are very easily tuned as well, its well known fact in rover circles that the 200sx turbos work extremely well with that engine giving very good results if done properly. but if i was you i would take pleasure in the fact that you could still be enjoying the soop after 200k miles and another 10 years i doubt the same could be said for the rover plus which looks the best ill leave the easy decision to you lol :)

2 litre 200bhp (std) turbo charged engine, lighter vehicle, healthy modding capability. I see no shame in losing - you may as well complain that you lost to a Sierra Cosworth or something - same sort of vintage, same sort of power.

Here you go, that's what one looks like. lol

http://members.aol.com/steb9780/220_coupe_turbo

That's what mine was like before, few things different to that spec. now, like turbosmart e-boost controller and pulsar intercooler front mounted.

In standard trim the figures are quoted as 0-60 in 6.2, top speed of 155 mph. The engines are 200 bhp in a car that weighs approx. 1180kg.

Here's a few shots of mine if anyone's interested

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/STEB9780/images/engine190306.jpg

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/STEB9780/images/side140505.jpg

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/STEB9780/images/ic2.jpg

If it was anywhere near Bagshot...I have a mate who has a beaten up one there hes a Mechanic called Chris, works for TVR but drives and mods his Rover...its got v tatty bodywork if memory serves me right.....might be him....he always wanted to take me on with my Supra...but dont think it was fast enough...but god knows what hes done to it...and i wanted for us to stay good friends as we have been for loads of years..mite not of been him but i cant wait to ask him..!

If it was anywhere near Bagshot...I have a mate who has a beaten up one there hes a Mechanic called Chris, works for TVR but drives and mods his Rover...its got v tatty bodywork if memory serves me right.....might be him....he always wanted to take me on with my Supra...but dont think it was fast enough...but god knows what hes done to it...and i wanted for us to stay good friends as we have been for loads of years..mite not of been him but i cant wait to ask him..!

it was dark blue headin towards pompey on the m27 this morning,

Since everyone is posting up pictures of Rover Coupes, I thought I'd add some pics of mine... Since I'll be getting rid of it sometime in the next month and replacing with a Scooby.

I think they're lovely looking cars. Mine is the Coupe VVC, which came out around 97 and replaced the much more rapid turbo model. If I remember correctly, the stock Coupe Turbo did 0-60 in 6.2, so would certainly give an NA Supra a run for its money.

coupeRight.jpg

coupeRightFront.jpg