The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My rolling road result

Gamer

Had a nice day today over at Rebas for the RR day. They had problems keeping my car in gear as I do not have manual mode enabled. So all I got today was a Torque figure...

She made a torque figure of 655 at the wheels and that is only at 19psi so there is still some room to turn up the boost should I choose to...

I am happy with that, I now need to wind up the boost a bit and see what she can really do. :innocent:

Joe

Sounds great Gamer, why couldnt they do manu mode, is it an ECU thing that needs to be programmed or something?

The manual mode button has been deactivated in my car. Something to do with the fact that I am running the BL gearbox/3800 T/C with lock-up switch.

Matt Harwood told me the reason a few months ago but I cannot remember exactly why it needed to be disabled.

great result mate so how do you go about getting a hp figure

I need to speak to Matt after she comes out of GVN and see what, if anything, I can do about reconnecting the manu mode button.

I don't know if it would have helped or not if they tried a run with the T/C lock-up switch enabled. I wanted to possibly give it a try as I read in the US Supra forums that they RR with it enabled for a run sometimes. On the same token I was also told that I should not do 'Hard pulls' with the T/C enabled.

I have only had the car back since last week after the new BL box/TC installed and did not want to take a chance.... ;)

Suffice to say that my RWHP figure would not be too far off my Torque figures ;)

Congrats on the figure.... not sure it's ever accurate on an auto though given the slip generated by the TC... that would only mean your figure given is lower than actual so all in 655 not to be sniffed at! :)

Well I am not too sure that is my rwtq figure now....

I assumed that it was but Sesame street Burt :p just informed me that it is the estimated flywheel tq figure ??

I do not know what to think now as the BL site says my turbo is capable of those numbers at the wheels:

Average Horsepower Rating in RWHP(spool depends on A/R sizing)

T61 P : 550-600(3600-4000rpm)

T67 P: 620-670 (4000-4400rpm)

T71 GTQ : 720-820(4600rpm)

T74 GTS: 840-870(5200rpm)

But I have no idea what boost was used by BL to obtain those figures (I would assume high boost)...

So I am a bit lost now but happy with the figure anyway even if it is infact 'only' estimated flywheel Tq..... :search:

I guess I should take my foot out of my mouth now. :D

Ok fair enough, that would explain the high numbers at low boost then. Ah well I got it wrong then I guess. I just assumed the the torque was measured at the wheels and then the estimated flywheel figures were calculated with some jiggery-pokery formula.....

Anyway I am still happy with the figures, I suppose a tank of race gas and 1.9-2.0 bar should give me some nice numbers....

Sorry for any confusion on my part and I hope I do not look like too much of a Pratt. :D