Alright all,

Got a problem with my motor, it basically feels like its holding back, its

producing the boost, I saw up to about 19 psi on the gauge. I've checked all

the pipework everywhere and couldn't find any holes in them, all intercooler

hoses are on correctly. It feels like the same problem I had when a pipe

came off one of the VSV's, so may be a VSV isn't working correctly? But then

surely there wouldn't be any boost?

Anyone got any ideas?

You sure its not just the higher charge temperatures bringing the BHP down a bit? Try taking the car out late at night and see if the problem is still there.

The higher boost engines can lose a lot of power in hot conditions, Leon thinks he loses about 80bhp when the air temp is very high.

Nope definately not, checked the compression this arvo and that was all fine. I've got a feeling its a VSV, spoke to Leon and he seems to think the same so I'm popping over to his gaff tomorrow morning to try a different VSV, fingers crossed that I'll be it.

Cheers

Paul

Said hello to your motor today for ya, loads of bits hanging off it, I'm sure Leon will sort it for ya. My problem seems to have sorted itself out, on the way over to Leons this morning I was giving it some shit and it suddenly cleared, its pulling like a train again, strange. Leon reckons it may have been my exhaust bypass valve/actuator sticking a bit, who knows. All I know is its all OK now.

Cheers

Paul

he has, its all ready for me to pick up. He even got his valet guy to scrape the 10 litres of oil off the car and clean it up a bit.

Im going to pick it up tomorrow night, and then I have to get my normal wheels back on it in time for MK.

So yours is still running okay?

nobody else seems to be having pump failures any more which is why I thought it was all okay again. What do ERL have to say about the situation?

Not sure if you saw Tony Wright's WI install, but he uses a seperate cycling water bottle as the water source so its perfectly clean and easily checked for level. I have a picture of it in the milton keynes event on www.supras.co.uk events section.

Didn't say anything about it actually, just said they would replace it and that was it.

I'm going to fit a seperate tank in when I fit my new FMIC bumper is about 10 days time, that way I'll be able to bung some of the Methanol I've had sitting around for about 6 months in as well.

will it have mesh built in as standard or will that need to be glued on afterwards?

I just got my stock IC back from Leon and the fins are buggered, I knew they would be so I got Leon to put mesh infront of the IC to save it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would let you all know that I fixed the holding back problem

I had, it turned out to be the FSE fuel regulator. I put the standard one

back on and hey presto loads of lovely power.

Going to send it back to my supplier for them to check it out.

Cheers

Paul