The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soarer

mattanna

I've had my Soarer for 18 months now.

To be honest i wouldn't change it for a Supra (that's right)

Why? Because I like this about it:

1. The comfort (think Lexus for ride quality)

2. My TT is only just under a second slower to sixty than a TT Supra, but will pull to around 165 (some guys have had 170 out of them)

3. I get cheap insurance, £295 fully comp with all the trimmings

4. I can park it just about anywhere without fear of some scrote keying it/stealing it if I am away for more than ten minutes.

5. I get 34 mpg on a motorway run @ 88mph and around 27-28 urban

6. It doesn't have a tacky plastic interior/dash

7. I can drive it ALL day and get out just about as fresh as I got in (I've done nearly 20K in it in the last 14 months).

To sum up, I think of my car as a classy middle age lady who most of the time gives me a relly nice comfortable ride, but if I ask her nicely will give me a great blow job every now and then....:)

Not too shabby for a "Rover 200":

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6551&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Ok So I have been waiting ages to find out if 160 mph is possible on GPS!! Craig What's happening?? Me and No Knees have discovered.....

A) 167 MPH is possible on the Speedo

B) 157 MPH is possible on GPS!!

And the best thing of all was the look on the face of the guy in the Honda Civic Type R when we over took him.

No remember my isn't a heavily modded TT. All that has been done to mine to improve the power is De Cat and Exhaust. Running Standard boost of 0.8 Bar.

Please remember at 157 MPH on the GPS I BACKED OFF!!! The car was still pulling like a TRAIN!:cheer: :cheer:

Now I'm off to Rotorstock to watch a few uncomfortable "prams" go up and down in a straight line...............:)

Not quite Rover 200 Mart:

"The Soarer TT's engine must have been a loss leader, the use of T2000 steel for the bearing shells shows fanatical design care, the machining of the con-rods is almost sculptural, the pistons are 'single form' units, the alloy in the block the most durable alloy available outside Formula 1, it costs an absolute fortune to be this fussy!"

They are very close, but the soarer is closer to the MKIII mechanically wise.

The only thing the Soarer has in common with the MKIII is the MKIII JDM that came with the 1JZGTE (JZA70) (Only a Limited number were built) and that is it. Otherwise it shares more components with the 92-96 Supra then the MKIII....

Also the build quality is much higher then what you would find on the MKIII..

If you want to see a nice example of a Soarer check my garage in my profile. ;)