The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What models are allowed?Registering Late model import Supras??...SVA test?Info please

and1c

ok guys. So Im really confused about this and though I may well buy off /through Jurgen I want to understand ALL of the facts about this matter.

I have read a number of posts saying that certain cars and years of Supra cannot be registered here now .......and this is only my "understanding of it" due to specifications of that vehicle not being available for SVA inspection and certification?

Am I totally wrong about the above information or can someone PLEASE elaborate on what is legal and possible to register over here and pass SVA and what is not??!!!

and if not WHY NOT please??

No specs seems a crazy reason for it??

Thanks in advance

hi andy,

since 2004 u cant import a supra thats newer than 10 year old because it does not have a model report so u can register this car unitl it becomes ten year old, currentl you can buy a 96 made in july as your limit and the car will have no problems to get register as its now 10 year old it only needs mot, if u buy a 96 sept plus u will need sva and this requires the car to be standard but we cant get around this by swapping bits a lot of hassle imho,.

u can import a 97 plus supra but it will be auto only as they made a model report for this but then this has to be in standard form to comply.

hope this help

the answer is the government want you to buy new cars from uk not abroad:)

hi andy,

since 2004 u cant import a supra thats newer than 10 year old because it does not have a model report so u can register this car unitl it becomes ten year old, currentl you can buy a 96 made in july as your limit and the car will have no problems to get register as its now 10 year old it only needs mot, if u buy a 96 sept plus u will need sva and this requires the car to be standard but we cant get around this by swapping bits a lot of hassle imho,.

u can import a 97 plus supra but it will be auto only as they made a model report for this but then this has to be in standard form to comply.

hope this help

the answer is the government want you to buy new cars from uk not abroad:)

Mmm. Thanks for this info mate :D

buy a 96 sept plus u will need sva and this requires the car to be standard but we cant get around this by swapping bits a lot of hassle imho,.

Did you mean Can get around this by swapping parts or that there is no way to get around it with a 96 Sept plus car?/

SOrry m8.slightly confused on that point.

Also...if that is the case is it "technically" possible to register ANY age of Supra but if newer than 10 years old you have to SVA it which means putting it back to factory stock...making sure its all perfect etc etc??

or have I misunderstood this?!!

THANKS AGAIN

the swappin the bits only applies to cars up to 1996 december production and also new cars after 97 but they must be auto and non turbo again this has to be standard, the reason u can import newer ones is that there is a model report for them but not the tt.

twin turbos 97 plus are not elegible to import and be road legal, i can import one but you wont be able to register it til its ten year old car mate.

#

the swappin the bits only applies to cars up to 1996 december production and also new cars after 97 but they must be auto and non turbo again this has to be standard, the reason u can import newer ones is that there is a model report for them but not the tt.

twin turbos 97 plus are not elegible to import and be road legal, i can import one but you wont be able to register it til its ten year old car mate.

#

Twin Turbo 97 PLus......Not registerable :blink:

Thats cleared it up in my mind then :0 cheers. Thats a rip off on the governments part (..another one....yet ...again!!) so buying a 98 car (I think they exist right?) means I would have to store it in the garage for a year and a half till registerable?!! crayzee.

Oh well. I think I'm, looking slightly older than that anyway :cool:

Thanks....will ring you next week for a chat about my import mate.

Twin Turbo 97 PLus......Not registerable :blink:

Thats cleared it up in my mind then :0 cheers. Thats a rip off on the governments part (..another one....yet ...again!!) so buying a 98 car (I think they exist right?) means I would have to store it in the garage for a year and a half till registerable?!! crayzee.

Oh well. I think I'm, looking slightly older than that anyway :cool:

Thanks....will ring you next week for a chat about my import mate.

i have a nice modded silver one due in end june 450bhp very good condition can always carry extra work on it to meet your requirements if its not what you had in mind.

have look at for sale http://www.jm-imports.co.uk

Jurgen, slightly off topic but related question.

What's the quality like of post 97 Supras over in Japan? As each year goes by and more cars reach 10 yrs old, can we expect to see some nice low mileage models coming over? It's nice to think that in a few years time I could buy a Supra made in this century!

if u buy a good one quality is not an issue tbh, i cant wait till next year so i can bring few low miles 97 models in :)

but am still happy to buy 93 cars in japan as they are just as good as 2003 car over here.

for example i have a 1995 gtr v-spec with only 34,000 miles and i also have a focus 2004 silver edition with 36,000 miles and my gtr is cleaner inside,outside,engine bay and a generally in far superior conditon age is irrelevent if it has been looked after.