The mkiv Supra Owners Club

P****d Off

AdzC

Bought 2 new 255/40/17 Dunlop SP9000 for the rear of my Supra about 5 weeks ago.

Just been out for lunch and just looked back at my car on the way across the car park and see a silver shing thing sticking out the tyre wall on the rear nearside.

Closer inspection and there's a dirty great screw hanging out of my new tyre. :bang:

Now been told that it can't be repaired and is going to cost me £115 for a new tyre which obviously I won't be able to get now til Tuesday at the earliest :(

Just needed to vent my anger.

Very annoying. I remember when I was a student 10 years ago I paid 50 quid for a tyre on my MG Metro, only for me to 1 week later completely misjudge an entrance to a petrol station and smash it into a kerb making it go pop!

are there no tyre places open saturday mate?

I went to my usual place as soon as I discovered it about 14:45 but it was closed so can only presume that they are shut now til Tuesday.

On nights all weekend so I'll try them again when I get up tomorrow. There aren't any places local that can do them at £115 all in plus they're not kept in stock and will need 24 hours to be ordered.

£115, cheap tyres compared to the prices some on here pay, but always annoying isnt it... screw in the sidewall?

Not horizontal but on the 'shoulder' of the tyre if you know what I mean.

Just wish I could get hold of the irresponsible little t**t that caused the screw to be there in the first place.

Sounds like its in the sort of place where it could be a problem.. so best get it sorted, really bugging though, trust me many of us have been there before! :)

Yeah. Was thinking about leaving it in and just hoping it kept pressure but for £115 I'd rather just get it done.

It is gutting though to think that an as new tyre is being replaced :(

Yup been there! Brand new Bridgeston S03's on the rear, two weeks later get a screw through the tread (next door neighbours were doing building work and had a skip outside, no guesses from where that came from then). Got it repaired ok though.

A few months later got pulled over and warned for speeding, I'm thinking how lucky I was getting off with a warning.... when I just start to pull back onto the motorway and run over something on the hard shoulder. Same tyre as well and on the shoulder, thought it best to get a new one. :(

Just had to drive back from work with virtually no air in the rear tyre at all. Left it parked up at work and the pressure seems to have escaped much quicker than I thought :( .

Going to have to get myself one of those 12v compressors to see me through the bank holiday weeekend .

Just had to drive back from work with virtually no air in the rear tyre at all. Left it parked up at work and the pressure seems to have escaped much quicker than I thought :( .

Going to have to get myself one of those 12v compressors to see me through the bank holiday weeekend .

Get a can of Tyre repair to hold you over, it should at least slow the leak right down. ;)