The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Bonnet

grahamc

Good day,

I was wondering if anyone does custom bonnets?? And what sort of cost I am looking at?

Attached is a of LeMans edition Ferrari 575. I REALLY like the bonnet... :D Want something with the same look, but to fit my Jspec TT.

Cheers,

G

Ferrari20550ML.jpg

Graham,

Look for some local composite companies (unless your looking for a metal bonnet) and see what services they offer and what prices they charge.

Given the size of the Supra bonnet, I'd expect a mould to be around £500 or more, with the cost of an actual bonnet varying depending on what you want it made from (carbon, kevlar/carbon, GRP, mash potato :) ).

You could always recoup the cost of the mould (and possibly your bonnet) by selling them onto other Supra owners, but then you'd lose your uniqueness :)

or get yourself a hammer and chisel and an old j-spec bonnet and knock the hell out of it, seriously if you go down this route use a custom shop that know what they are doing with regards to materials etc and dont expect it to cost £100 this reasonably modest "hack up" has taken me around 50 hours, i know a good body shop would be quicker but it still wont be cheap

bonnet 011.jpg

Wicked...

Well that "hack up" as you called it would have cost me an arm... I am no good with things like that, so will leave to someone whos knows that they are doing.

As far as material goes, doesnt matter, which ever is easiest to get the shape that I want.

Cheers all!

Paul mac

dont want to copy but would be nice to get similar.

D.

lol dont worry about copying mate i dont think it takes a rocket scientist to figure where most of my inspiration came from, the vents are carbon fibre but i dont know if i will leave them like this they may get sprayed with the rest of the car, dont want to hijack anyones thread so if you want anymore pics i'll put a post up in chat

bonnet 001.jpg

Picture 041.jpg