The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New hot hatches

mattanna

I see there a brace of hot hatches coming out, Vauxhall Corsa 200bhp 0-60 in 6 sec and 150mph top speed, new civic type r 220 bhp and new punto abarth 230bhp and 4 wheel drive, certainly will worry us n/a boys! should not be able to make small shitty cars with big power it is obscene!!, i suppose they still look shite though:search:

Cruise and look cool instead....they need not know that you have a n/a....I have a TT but am not bothered about showing people up, I get more satisfaction by keeping em guessing a and not flying off at the lights :D that way they never know and show themselves up racing off + supes look miles better than all these hot hatches

I still dont understand who would want to spend alot of money on a 200bhp corsa.

#

they may think the same about us lot.....who would want to spend money on a 12yr old jap car with over 60,00 miles on it?? each to their own, most of these guys are happy with a new sporty motor, with zero milage!! most supra owners are enthusiasts

#

they may think the same about us lot.....who would want to spend money on a 12yr old jap car with over 60,00 miles on it?? each to their own, most of these guys are happy with a new sporty motor, with zero milage!! most supra owners are enthusiasts

Corsa and sporty just dont go together though :)

These guys probably think the corsa is the same :)

Believe me, after owning a Corsa you quickly realise they're nothing like as good as their marketing says and will die horribly when you try to drive it like a performance car regularly. Like my Corsa GSi did many moons ago.

They are still corsas, puntos etc so who cares - ultimately they will fall appart and depreciate rapidly anyway...

best not to rise to the bait all the time, show them up only as an when it suits you, you have a supra - there is nothing to prove! :)

Believe me, after owning a Corsa you quickly realise they're nothing like as good as their marketing says and will die horribly when you try to drive it like a performance car regularly. Like my Corsa GSi did many moons ago

Not just the corsa - all the older performance vauxhalls are a bit fragile. My Calibra Turbo was a nightmare if I went a week without giving it some attention!