The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonus's of having FMIC's

pistonbroke

I've been toying with the idea of putting a front mounted intercooler on my soop, thing is, its still running standard tune with only a HKS dump valve and HKS exhaust. The main reason for the FMIC is for looks, it changes the look of the front of the car nicely IMHO. What I'm asking is, will I cause any problems for the car if I was to fit one.?

And, will it affect performance in any way?

Well, Pete, I suppose thats slightly better than your Mech Warrior link laser suggestion I've just read on another thread.

Can't say I'm not inventive ;)

[edit] I've just re-read it. I really do talk bollocks sometimes don't I?

Aww crap, and mines an auto, so the rads not cheap because of its liitle gearbox cooling brother that needs to be purchased as well.

erm.. the cooler is built into the rad... cos i have an auto rad on my TT6 ;) - Unless you have an aftermarket rad...

erm.. the cooler is built into the rad... cos i have an auto rad on my TT6 ;) - Unless you have an aftermarket rad...

Indeed a stock TT Auto rad is about £400 from Toyota. And the cooler for the box is INSIDE the radiator.

I thought it was more than that, thats why MKIVStore is supplying fluidyne rads for apparently less than mr t ones, but they need the seperate autobox cooler.

Because aftermarket parts are usually cheaper than OEM and Fluidine don't want to manufacture two different cores so adapt one for autos.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a front mounted intercooler on my soop, thing is, its still running standard tune with only a HKS dump valve and HKS exhaust. The main reason for the FMIC is for looks, it changes the look of the front of the car nicely IMHO. What I'm asking is, will I cause any problems for the car if I was to fit one.?

And, will it affect performance in any way?

Dont do it unless you need it

Get some decent mesh (I sell some :) and fit it across the front if looks are what you are after

All IMHO of course