The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drivers side window quicky

Ewen

Drivers side window mechanism 'crunched' when I shut it tonight...(similar to Bobs problem recently, but the window didnt break) carrier is no longer attached.....Ive not taken the door card off yet as it pouring down. Ive found the pics for door-card removal and relevant threads, quick question....Jake posted that the carrier mounts go THROUGH the glass, is it more likely the glass bottom edge is broken or the (plastic ?) mounts have snapped off ?

Guest johnnybbad

I work as a windscreen fitter and there is no way the bottom of your doorglass would be broken off ( due to it being toughened glass and it would shatter ), more likely carriers for the doorglass have snapped ( normally just made of plastic which sit through holes in glass ) but it may require a new regulator as i dont think said parts are separate.

I had my drivers side window "crunch" and found it was the winding mechanism that had fouled up and the cable had broke. Careful when taking the doorcard off, that you get all the screws. If it is the mechanism its quite easy to change, an "I can do it any one can do it" sort of thing, took me about 40 minutes to do the job. Got the mechanism off Jezzybabes.

No offence to Jezzybabes, but Mr.T will have the mech in tomorrow and its only up the road....probably would have saved squillions tho if Id kept it in the family.

Any point in posting pics of 'window regulator replacement' ?

Any point in posting pics of 'window regulator replacement' ?

the way your gonna do it ...nah ;)

TBH dont think so mate its one of those self explantary ones ...door card off, undo mechanism, disconnect etc....

Update this thread with any key points you noticed to make life easier, or which bit may be tricky. :)

the way your gonna do it ...nah ;)

TBH dont think so mate its one of those self explantary ones ...door card off, undo mechanism, disconnect etc....

Update this thread with any key points you noticed to make life easier, or which bit may be tricky. :)

:) One small step for the mechies, one giant leap for me... 'explantary' sounds suspiciously tricky as well