The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Help Please

Yankee Ruin X

Its that time of the year again when I need to sort my insurance out but I keep findng people getting all these really low quotes and all the companies I ring are quoting me alot more on my N/A Supra.

I'm 24, 6 years NCB, never made a claim or had a conviction, the car is garaged, has CAT 1 alarm and immobiliser its got bodykit and alloys.

Here are my quotes:

Adrain Flux - £1238

Sky - £1041

Admiral - £900

I thought the Admiral one was good but then I see people on here younger than me and they get quoted £800 with less NCB and all that so how does that work out. Anyone got any ideas how I can bring it down somemore or some other companies to try.

Guest Ponty Boy

Try confused.com, I used them and they search them all for you and you just watch the prices come in. Came up with £600 for me

Try confused.com, I used them and they search them all for you and you just watch the prices come in. Came up with £600 for me

just be careful you're actually being given the correct quote if doing it online. much better to speak to someone on the phone when getting a quote for a Supra imho.

Try these

AON: 01384 552660

A-Plan: 08450 711234

http://www.elephant.co.uk

Basildon Insurance: 0800 652 3963

Direct Line: 0845 246 6246

Hyperformance: 0208 9419098 or 08000935798

If Insurance Factory: 0870 777 8181

Keith Michaels: 0208 2880801

Masterquote: 08702 411572

Norwich Union Direct: 0800 092 9564

Osbourne and Sons: 0845 330 6001

Privilege: 0845 246 0303

Sharp: 01635 580618

Tesco: 08453 004400

Tett Hamilton: 01275 792270

Elephant was the best for me but Sky matched it eventually. Highway retail(0800 4586214) & hyperformance werent far behind! And i am told the Policy Shop are good - 0800 1444604.

Did you ring Sky? I ask just because there internet quote was crap but there one over the phone was £400 cheaper!!! I asked why and its just because not all your details can be put in properly on the internet - like been a member on here!

Good luck!

Well I rang Adrian Flux Back and they said if I stay with them they will insure me for £890. I rang Sky I was suprised there quote was £1000+ as everyone was saying how cheap they were and he said that was with a 20% discount for being in the owners club :rolleyes: I might give them a ring back and see if they will beat Adrain Flux's quote it just seems that they are out there to rip me off why can't they just give me there best price straight off the bat instead of all this messing around.

jesus, your that old and they want that much.

im with lancater.

so is daston, think he is 22 and pays 900 notes for his NA.

i thought sky were meant to be good with older people, isnt 26 old enough?

that sort of price id would have thought it be the TT

looks like i wont be going single.

give jessica of lancaster a ring

jesus, your that old and they want that much.

im with lancater.

so is daston, think he is 22 and pays 900 notes for his NA.

i thought sky were meant to be good with older people, isnt 26 old enough?

that sort of price id would have thought it be the TT

looks like i wont be going single.

give jessica of lancaster a ring

im with lancaster was 22 when took out policy 1200 jspec manual tt loads of mods like the man says ask for jessica;)

1200, care to tell how you got it that low.

i have a few mods including fmic, paying 1700 on jspec tt.

im 22 next year, i can hope my renewal drops 500 to 1200

dont know how its so low my only engine mods are decat nur spec and pe filter iv got advanced driving certs clean licence 4 yrs no claims.

I'm with Admiral and the amount of miles u quote per year has a big difference on ur pirce so re-evaluate the minimum milage u do and try that.

Also, with admiral the age of ur car changes ur price, for me -

1994 sup £1400

2000 sup £1800

wtf!!

dont know how its so low my only engine mods are decat nur spec and pe filter iv got advanced driving certs clean licence 4 yrs no claims.

that would be why then,

i have 1years ncb. for 21, fmic, filter, exhaust, coilovers, skirts, spats, front bumper, wing, steering wheel, wheels,

cat1 alarm and up to 10k a year.

Well I rang Adrian Flux Back and they said if I stay with them they will insure me for £890. I rang Sky I was suprised there quote was £1000+ as everyone was saying how cheap they were and he said that was with a 20% discount for being in the owners club :rolleyes: I might give them a ring back and see if they will beat Adrain Flux's quote it just seems that they are out there to rip me off why can't they just give me there best price straight off the bat instead of all this messing around.

Try Warwick Davis. They quoted me £100 les than A.F. and Sky...

Don't tell them your previous quotes, just ask them for, "your best price"....

Im getting on a bit mate...and I own a Soarer not a Supra (less theft risk)..

No convictions or points, 7+ years NCB

I pay £295 fully comp, unlimited mileage, protected no claims, cat 2, legal protection, windscreen etc.

so you can see for me a £100 saving is like 25%...:)

This is getting funny now it all started with a £1238 renewal with Adrian Flux now I'm in the middle of a price war with Admiral, Adrian Flux and Sky. It went to £1041, then £1008, then £900, then £890 then £881. Now Admiral have just rung me up saying they will do it for £808 but Adrian Flux say they will beat any quote anyone else can offer GUARANTEED if I renew with them lol. So its gone down over £400 from the orignal price hope it keeps dropping going to be ringing Lancaster up tommorrow as they are supposed to be very good too :D

that would be why then,

i have 1years ncb. for 21, fmic, filter, exhaust, coilovers, skirts, spats, front bumper, wing, steering wheel, wheels,

cat1 alarm and up to 10k a year.

iv got coilovers 19s full kit ts cf bonnet ganadors konig seats just about everything done im well happy with my quote for my mods:D