The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo kick in

DBR

Pig: im uk spec, stock

really? i was under the impression the 1st kicked in at bout 2000 revs. 2nd at about 3500...

so 3500-4000 is when you should hear the tubbies, qwhen does the first an second kick in....

corr you learn somethin' new every day :D

The first does kick in early but it just feels like rapid acceleration. Number two comes in before 4K but really seems to give it large at that point.

I can hear my first turbo from about 1800 rpm depending on road surface, radio volume etc etc.

First is around 1500-2000, and in J-Specs you can really hear it. You won't really hear the second one as there's more engine noise by then, but that ones comes in at the kind of revs people have mentioned.

The first does kick in early but it just feels like rapid acceleration. Number two comes in before 4K but really seems to give it large at that point.

I can hear my first turbo from about 1800 rpm depending on road surface, radio volume etc etc.

sounds about right then, the first turbo i can hardly hear, if i hear it at all (depending on noise), it just feels like a burst of power from just under 2000 revs. then when i reach about 3500 revs you can really' hear the turbo whistle!

cheers guys my wednesday lesson is over.....same time tomorrow?

First is around 1500-2000, and in J-Specs you can really hear it. You won't really hear the second one as there's more engine noise by then, but that ones comes in at the kind of revs people have mentioned.

Seb,

Risking a thread hijack, does the aristo have the same sort of kick at 4K?

Paul.

Ditto.

At 4k theres a sudden surge forward. You can clearly hear the first one whistling from about 1800, but not really the second one due to engine noise.

I get some positive boost from 1500rpm where you start to hear turbo #1 spooling up, it get's up to .8bar quite quickly from there. Second one kicks in from around 4k rpm or so, where you just hear more woosh as the thing boosts to 1.2 bar (BPU).

Guest Flat4_ire
I get some positive boost from 1500rpm where you start to hear turbo #1 spooling up, it get's up to .8bar quite quickly from there. Second one kicks in from around 4k rpm or so, where you just hear more woosh as the thing boosts to 1.2 bar (BPU).

arent u a great lad :tongue: