The mkiv Supra Owners Club

URGENT - jspec auto - radiator required

MKIVDreamer

:sos:

Over the last few days my P&J has been taking longer to warm up from cold.

Thought I'd pop the bonnet and check the fluids to find obvious coolant spray around the front of the engine bay. Coolant levels had dropped alarmingly low, expansion tank bone dry, inspecting the rad confirmed my fears - it looked almost empty and the top hose was dry!!!

Fortunately had some Toyota red coolant, so I filled the rad up and expansion tank - took about 2.5l. :(

Cleaned and dried the sprayed and damp areas and started her up. At this stage I'm thinking that a lose hose seal from the coolant flush I had done recently was to blame. Got to temperature and nothing, give her some juice, nothing.

Just about to shut the bonnet an go to work and I spot a tiny row of bubbles on the top plastic part of the rad - Bugger. Closer inspection shows a hairline crack.

Does anyone have a radiator - new or good condition - for a j-spec auto TT? I'm also looking for someone to do the work.

This is not great timing for me as I just renewed insurance and forked out for four new tyres :cry:

This is also a daily driver for me so any hints or tips on quick short term fixes (not rad weld!!!) would be appreciated until I can get her fixed up properly.