The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Agreed Value?

Ian W

I received my renewal through from Sky this morning and am fairly happy with the price.

however i know that i didn't have an agreed value last year and as usual they've offered me it for the £35. My question is, do i go for it and if so is it just a case of paying the money or is there more involved with getting to an agreed value.

let me know what you think guys.

Ian

I had to send them photos and a mod sheet.

The mod sheet covers valuation of any mods (although I think this is required for the insurance anyhow?).

The photos were side, front, internal and engine bay shots.

Oh - and I still can't say enough about how happy I have been with the price, customer service and communication from Sky......

I had to send them photos and a mod sheet.

The mod sheet covers valuation of any mods (although I think this is required for the insurance anyhow?).

The photos were side, front, internal and engine bay shots.

Oh - and I still can't say enough about how happy I have been with the price, customer service and communication from Sky......

yeah, i've had to fill in a mods sheet right enough anyway. i take it you simply send the photos off to them and they come back to you with a value?

I've gone for an agreed valuation with Sky, but am still waiting for them to agree a figure - since the middle of March! They will only agree up to 15K without a tracker and I would say that a car with any mods should have an agreed. The money you spend to mod up far outstretches the extra couple of hundred a year on your premium. :)

I would say that a car with any mods should have an agreed.

i would agree with that Jo. my car isn't excessively modded though, basically just a set of 18s and soon to be a carbon lip, that's it.

anyone else care to comment?

I think its very important mate, I recently had an arguement with a crash barrier and lost.

My insurers told me I was insured "like for like" on mods and then after the crash proceeded to tell me that not only was my policy NOT like for like so they would not pay for parts, but they would only offer me £7k for the car!

Needless to say some negotiation with the director of the insurance company was the next step, going over recorded phonecalls and policy documents etc; and I have now got them to give me substantially more for the car (it was deemed a total loss due to the cost of parts and labour to get it back to its original state). I then gave Jurgen a call ;)

It would have saved me a lot of time and effort if I had got an agreed value. Needless to say, I have seen the error of my ways and will be calling sky for a quote next year on the new sup :cool: