The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need advice

Guest mk47

Guest mk47

ive had some guy email me from denmark - and also phone me saying he owns a supra company and wants to buy my car.. his website is http://www.supraimport.dk

anyway he says he wants my supra and will pay cash and is willing to send a deposit - only catch is i have to pick him up from stansted airport and he will come back and pay the £ and go back on ferry.

my question is - does this seem genuine? baring in mind hes given me his website and contact number?

Guest mk47

i dont trust him but he says he will fly down to stansted on thursday and if i can pick him up hes happy to do the deal.. and wil pay £200 deposit before he comes out. looking on his website hes got a couple of sups for sale but that doesent make anythin seem genuine to me. on talkin to the guy he seems genuine but dont they all!? shal i just cut him off and not deal with him?

ive had some guy email me from denmark - and also phone me saying he owns a supra company and wants to buy my car.. his website is http://www.supraimport.dk

anyway he says he wants my supra and will pay cash and is willing to send a deposit - only catch is i have to pick him up from stansted airport and he will come back and pay the £ and go back on ferry.

my question is - does this seem genuine? baring in mind hes given me his website and contact number?

i would say its fine tbh as long as you make it clear that it is non refundable deposit and that no documents will be exchanged till payment infull has been entered into my hand as in cash (no foriegn) or a bank transfer but cash being better, and take a few of your mates down with you

Guest mk47

i suppose so. made it clear that il want UK£ for payment if he does turn up.. deposit would be non refundable. and if it all goes well TT here i come woohoooooooooooooo. oh yeah i had already considered taking someone so im gona take my 2 older bros their both monsters with me when we go to pick him up.

One of the other members on here, cant remember who, had a few calls from people in Sweden!! when he was trying to sell his car. Looking at the Denmark website I see he has an Auto NA for sale and if I have this right, after taxes have been paid it would cost the equivelent of £18,000. For a standard NA thats a lot of money!!! No wonder he wants to buy yours

Edit: I think this guy is probably genuine, but have back up just in case :)

Guest Rash

I had a guy call up for an Impreza STi i was selling last year From Sweden. He had mates that lived locally from Scoobynet who contacted me - looked at the car and left me a deposit. Then the guy himself came some days later and bought the car. Paid me something like 9k but said if he was to buy in Sweden it would be around 25k..!!

Guest mk47

hmm so seems like he might just b genuine. just wondering is it possible for him to just buy it off me and take it abroad on ferry? what needs to be done in regards to paperwork?

Guest Rash

Just keep a receipt with the buyer details on (name address etc..) and get them to fill in the export section of the logbook and send that off as the buyer will need the V5 in order to re-register the car for themselves...

Rash.

see he has an Auto NA for sale and if I have this right, after taxes have been paid it would cost the equivelent of £18,000

Thats due to the crazy tax rate for vehicles in Denmark, before tax the car is probably selling for about 7-8 grand