The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Welsh Motor Show....

Guest Tobes

Guest Tobes

Ladies & Gentlemen...

This years Welsh National Motor Show is to be held at Chepstow on Saturday 26th August.

We have a fairly limited amount of space within the ground for car clubs, obviously we don't want 100 similar cars, the more varied and interesting the better, the car club cars will be given car passes for entry to the racecourse but not admission tickets, also the cars will obviously be in a secure area within the racecourse and will be on show...

If anyone would like to bring their car along and would like a car pass could you put your name and your car below and like I said, the more varied the better...

The Show is still partly being put together, but so far we have...

Opening the Show WBO & IBF Super Widdleweight Champion Joe Calzaghe.

Live Action Arena - Demo's from 'Steer From The Rear & 'Opposite Lock'.

D1 Cars.

DJ & MC live stage all day with entertainment etc..

Rally Car Experience.

4x4 Experience.

Helicopter rides.

Super Car Lawn.

Audio Village.

Family Fun Arena.

All the usual Trade Stands etc...

This year we just have use of the racecourse for Saturday, but next year we have it for the weekend and are planning all night bars etc, so hoping to make this an annual event...

Any questions, requests or anything I can help with please ask...

Apologies for this being my first post...

Cheers all...

Tobes.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tobes
It is a pity they need varied and interesting...otherwise you could have taken the Aristo :p

Bring the Aristo along.... :)

Was in Chepstow yesterday for the Press Launch and managed to get more space for the Car Clubs...

Was very enjoyable, Mike Philips (Welsh Scrum Half) was there, as was Gwyndaf Evans, and his co-driver Huw Lewis, with their new Hankook sponsored Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9... Hankook are now sponsoring the show and doing a competition to win a new set of tyres to be fitted by them at the show for the winner, details to follow when web-site up and running... also Damien Cole with his ex McRae Scooby WRC and Jamie Lewis (Joe's girlfriend) were there among others...

There will be drifting and 'Off Road' demo's and passenger rides, also we've put together a small 'rally stage' within the circuit so will have a rally demo with passenger rides too...

Have also got Meguiars to sponsor a show and shine to be judged by Joe Calzaghe...

Am currently trying to negotiate to get all the car owners/drivers into the show for half price... I want to keep the cost down for the drivers as i'm the same as you guys, i have a Skyline (see below) and I always felt if I was bringing my car along I should get a bit of a discount, you are part of the show after all... well now i'm on the other side and can hopefully do something about it...

The current situation is that you can have a car pass and park within the circuit but it doesn't include admission (£12 in advance / £14 on the day), add to that £10 to enter the show and shine and it's best part of £25 already...

I'm trying to get the drivers/owners in for half the admission price, and if you want to enter the show and shine too then all included for £15... it's £10 off for the car club drivers/owners, passengers will still have to pay full admittance, will let you know...

Have also got exclusive use of the 'Advan Gate' for the Car Clubs only so you won't be queuing to get in but everyone must be there between 07:00 and 09:30 then the gates are shut (police instructions)

A couple of pics I took from yesterday - obviously the Skyline is mine... :thumbup:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5702/dswmspresslaunch2505060144fw.th.jpg http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8715/dswmspresslaunch2505060227fz.th.jpg http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9366/dswmspresslaunch2505060193tf.th.jpg http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1520/dswmspresslaunch2505060166wu.th.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4741/dswmspresslaunch2505060107ud.th.jpg http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8728/dswmspresslaunch2505060094pg.th.jpg http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8430/dswmspresslaunch2505060321do.th.jpg http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8426/dswmspresslaunch2505060349ko.th.jpg

Edit -

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/24/wales-to-get-first-ever-auto-show/

Guest Tobes
Sounds like a fun day, Nice car fella. Is that your misses? If not can she be mine ? :D

Cheers mate, i'm rather fond of the car... :D

No mate, it's Jamie Lewis, she's the face of the show and Joe Calzaghe's girlfriend... image

They'll both be there on the day.... :)

Sounds a really good show. How long has it been running for then?

Could deffo be a date for the calendar...

Is Mike Phillips going to be there? Big fan of his, think he is an excellent player.

I want to meet Joe and get his autograph :)

Guest Tobes
Sounds a really good show. How long has it been running for then?

Could deffo be a date for the calendar...

Is Mike Phillips going to be there? Big fan of his, think he is an excellent player.

I want to meet Joe and get his autograph :)

First year this year mate...

...hopefully the first of many, will be over two days next year.... :)

Not sure if Mike Phillips will be at the show, but Joe and his girlfriend will be there...

Guest Tobes

Hey all, some good news...

have got agreement on the half price admission for the 'Car Club' owners and made the Meguiars Show & Shine bigger and better...

All 'Car Club Cars' will get free entry into the Racecourse but not admittance to the show.

'Car Club' drivers only can now have admittance to the show for just £6.

The Meguiars Show and Shine is £10 to enter on the day, but if purchased with an admission ticket the total cost will only be £15.

This only applies if bought in advance.

The Meguiars Show and Shine is will now be split into 3 Classes...

Best European Car at Show.

Best Japanese Car at Show.

Best American Car at Show.

Each class will win a trophy and prize.

One of the three class winners will win Best at Show (hoping to get Joe Calzaghe to judge the final 3) and will win another trophy and £250.

The trophy for the 'Best at Show' will be a 5ft Nascar style trophy (more info/pics as soon as I can) this will have the drivers name engraved on it and will be presented on the day to the winner and will become an annual event.

On the grounds this may prove very hard for the winner to take home it has been decided the winner will take home a smaller replica/trophy to keep.

In addition to that i'm also trying to get Hankook Tyres to sponsor a 'Best Wheels at Show' class, the winner getting a trophy and a new set of Hankook tyres, Hankook are show sponsors already and will be there anyway so hoping the winner of 'Best Wheels' can get the tyres fitted at the show if they want to.

Will let you know if this is possible.

These prices apply to all passengers -

Admission is £14 on the day or £12 in advance (16yrs and over)

Junior concession is £10 on the day or £8 in advance (10yrs -15yrs)

2+2 Family Ticket concession is £40 on the day or £32 in advance

Under 9's FREE.

All the relevant forms for 'Car Clubs' will be available from the website which i'm assured will be operational within 48hrs...

All the 'Car Club' cars will be GREEN TRAFFIC and will have exclusive use of 'St Arvans Gate' from 07:00 to 09:30, this will mean you won't have to queue with the public traffic and will ease any congestion.

'St Arvans Gate' will be shut at 09:30 as instructed by the Traffic Police.

If anyone has any questions please ask...

Cheers all,

Toby. :D

Guest Tobes

Hey all, have some more good news...

Joe Clifford, the Editor of Banzai Magazine is going to judge Best Japanese Car at Show, and is also offering a years subscription to Banzai Magazine as an added prize...

Also have got conformation from Hankook they will sponsor the 'Best Wheels at Show' and will give the winner a new set of Hankook Tyres that can be fitted on the day if wanted....

Have found a pic of Chepstow Racecourse, i've (poorly) drawn RED around the area we've got for the Car Clubs it's approx 15,500 sq m....

:)

Guest Tobes

Hey all...

Am thinking about adding a 'Best Club/Forum Stand' award and was wondering if it would be better to have a trophy or maybe a monetary prize to go towards to running of the Clubs forum or something, the problem with a club trophy is who will take it home...? What do you lot think....?

Will post this same question on a couple other forums and see what everyone thinks...

As a final thought, being someone who has done the shows etc and always thought we should get a slightly better deal (we are part of the show afterall) i've tried to implement a few ideas to favour us a bit like the the half price admission, an exclusive entrance to avoid any queueing and making the show and shine worth entering... If anyone has any ideas or suggestions we can maybe implement for this year, or any ideas for next year, bearing in mind next year will be over two days, please say so, I'll suggest everything to the powers that be and will try and do whatever is realistically feasible...

Cheers,

Toby. :)

Guest Tobes

I'm really sorry everyone, I was assured the website would be up and running on Fri, obviously this hasn't happened, i'm told it's some server issue or something, i'm not very computer literate so don't really understand but please bear with me, it will be sorted out asap, apologies again....

Toby.

Guest Tobes

Hey all, apologies again for the delay and thanks for your patience, much appreciated...

Website now up and running....

http://www.walesmotorshow.com http://www.wpce.org/forum/html/emoticons/Wales.gif

Any problems, questions or anything I can help with please do ask...

Cheers all, and thanks again for your patience...

Toby.