The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19s or 20s straight on?

Guest shake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no chance with 20s, 19s fit as said with the correct offset etc but 18s are certainly the biggest i'd go to.

ideally if you value your handling you'll stick to 17s which just shows how loony you'd have to be to consider 20s :)

They are 20s, I personnaly don't think it affects the handling too much, but then again I'm no expert and never had any trouble with corners since. The only thing I can really feel the difference is under acceleration. Big wheels make a big difference in that department.

Will 19" wheels fit straight on my 94 n/a? What about 20s?

we drive supras not range rovers...sorry for the cheeky comment

what else do you plan to do to it?? are you after building a show car?? if you leave the body standard and slap on 20" wheels......it aint going to look right, not to mention knocking the shit out of all your suspension components

19's tops ill go for, its really not a big deal as people make out, its like the millenium bug thing, just a load of hype, sure you cant go on to track with 19's and make a great time, but for road use, there is not much difference, how do i know, well i have had 17's, 18's and now 19's. key is correct offset and coilovers in my opinion, my handling is perfect, no tramlining, no rubbing, still feels the same to drive as my 18's but just a little more harsh.

no mate 19s definatly screw the handling. im running 17s now but have £2500 worth of 19" wheels sitting on my garage floor

What suspension are you running, stock springs or lowering springs are useless with 19's i have adjustable coilovers, and my handling is sweet just a harsh ride, apart from that it handles really well on the road, obviously on the track its a different story.

Maybe each supra is different lol, im the only one, you'll find a lot of members on here with 19's are happy as long as the offset is correct and suspension is adjusted accordingly, and most importantly i believe the weight of the wheels being as light as possible.

I'm sure most of us don't push the car anywhere near what's possible around the corners. I don't do this because it's nots really safe to do this on public roads .

So 17" for track use.

18" is the compromise between looks and handling.

19" because they look the best and I'm sure they're fine for the way most of us drive these cars - I'll hopefully confirm this when mine arrive. :D

17's for ideal handling, 18's at most.

19's for sitting there looking nice but not moving anywhere.

You should see how quick Rays supra shifts with his 19's against Lui's 18's both BPU, and trust me it does move.

All these sweeping statements are just so funny, everones quick to jump and say they are shite, but if thyre the correct off set, weight, suspension they handle pretty well, like my car or Rays, but i guess we could just be imagining it.

You should see how quick Rays supra shifts with his 19's against Lui's 18's both BPU, and trust me it does move.

All these sweeping statements are just so funny, everones quick to jump and say they are shite, but if thyre the correct off set, weight, suspension they handle pretty well, like my car or Rays, but i guess we could just be imagining it.

Haven't seen the vid of this, but I can testify that those 19s do look very good on Ray's car. I am however, very happy with my 18s and will not even consider going to 19s.

Lol a video, erm i was behind them and this was a while back as i know both of them, Ray has the volks which are made from magnesium alloy and are very light, and trust me when i say this, his car handles very well, ask him your self guys. Just me honest opinion talking from experience.

You mean like your sweeping statement?

Does rays and lui's supra use the same tyres? are they the same rolling radius? do they produce identical power? are they the same weight? 19's do not make your car faster.

The supra's suspension was designed around 16 inch wheels, an increase by one size is perfectly fine. 18's are an ok compromise for looks.

19's may drive "ok" but are never going to handle as well as stock 17's, for a start you need too low a ratio tyre for 19's IMO. There's nothing wrong per say with fitting 19's or 20's but your car/suspension was never designed to use wheels best suited to a 4x4 off road vehicle.